Sold / Found / Inactive - BS38 carb parts

peanut

XS650 enthusiast & inveterate tinkerer
Top Contributor
Reaction score

NOW SORTED THANK YOU

Looking to complete a set of BS38 78-79 .
(They are fitted with 76-77 slides and Z8 needle jets );)

If anyone can help me out with any of these parts I'd really appreciate it ,especially from the UK as shipping and import taxes and customs fees are killing me...:(

2x diaphragm springs
1x choke body
2x jet needles 4M1 ( or 1x 4N8 )
diaphragm bridge/ bracket
Choke shaft and fingers(78-79 vertical lift)
Choke lever detent spring
Throttle outer cable bracket

Last edited:
Hi Peanut, to help fund the complete restoration of my 1977 XS750, my hobby is buying sets of BS32CV, BS34CV (mark 1 and 2) and BS38CV carbs and stripping them down, cleaning the components, and then selling individual parts through eBay. I have a pretty good workshop and ultrasonic cleaner etc. I do have quite a few Yamaha 650 BS38CV items for sale right now, and Im UK based (near Stroud now, but originally from Cheddar) so my postage costs are £3 or less. If you query Ebay.co.uk for seller name "mikuni-man", you can see the items I currently have available. As I said, its a hobby and Im not out to make a fortune so my prices are good compared to others

Hi Mikuni-man
fancy seeing you on here .!;)

yes I've bought several bits and bobs off you in the past in fact I just bought a couple of bits this week which arrived today!. Thank you
your prices are very fair and the parts are always in excellent condition and cleaned and buffed so you are my first port of call for Mikuni parts .:)
Johnny

Hi thanks for the offer but I decided to sell the carbs incomplete for spares. It was going to cost too much to buy all the bits I needed and have them shipped with Customs duty and tax etc ,
Thank you for the offer though

Back