BS38 Floats

BowlingSS

XS650 Guru
Top Contributor
XS650.com Supporter
Reaction score
Floats.jpg
Are all BS38 floats the same? I ordered 4 floats from somewhere overseas. I got them in and they do not work. Does anyone know what they may fit? The new one is on the left. It looks like the bracket is welded on the wrong side. It will not let me adjust to the proper height. To get my money back it will cost me the price of two of them. Live and learn. View attachment 198298 View attachment 198298

As far as I know, all 650 BS38 floats are the same. I think 2M did a comparison of aftermarket floats some time back and the conclusion was most are junk. Genuine Mikuni floats cost a bit more but it should be a once-in-a-lifetime replacement. I think 3M at 650Central has the best price on genuine replacements.

Apologize if I am stupid
( i cant see the attachments )

But on the picture I can see ---what happens if the left floats
are rotated 180 degrees along a line North South / 6 to 12 on the picture.
On the right there are some surfaces visible for soldering the pivot arm to the floats
Can there be such on the other side / under of the left one

I've used 4 of Cruzinimage's very reasonably priced floats with no problems.
Put them in checked height with the clear tube method and all were spot on.

As far as I know, all 650 BS38 floats are the same. I think 2M did a comparison of aftermarket floats some time back and the conclusion was most are junk. Genuine Mikuni floats cost a bit more but it should be a once-in-a-lifetime replacement. I think 3M at 650Central has the best price on genuine replacements.
Anyone know if 650central ships to Canada?

Back