BSA Motorcycles

Jim

Beyond the edge is the unknown. Here be Dragons
Top Contributor
XS650.com Supporter
Reaction score
Move over Royal Enfield, there's a new kid old guy in town.
BSA has recently been building a social media presence on all the major platforms.
Ride Apart has just announced that BSA will have a presence at the annual Motorcycle Live show in Birmingham next month.
Been rumblings for several years now about a rebirth. Maybe this time it's for real.

Best Scrap Available. :)
I expect that not to be true of the upcoming generation.
In their defense....
Back in the 70's a 441 Victor got me to work on a daily basis for the better part of 2 yrs. Yeah... took a lot of upkeep to do it, but riding it in the Midlands back then was well worth the wrenchin'. That bike was made for the backroads of Britain.
If they bring out a retro Victor.... I'm gettin' it.

jawa-and-jawa-forty-two-4929.jpg

131094764-bsatm_560x420.jpg

jawa-300-cl-europe-launch-price-2-600x338.jpg

Well this is very interesting! I did a little more digging, the Indian conglomerate Mahindra bought the rights to BSA and received a large grant from the British government to develop electric motorcycles as part of their overall plan to reduce emissions and dependency on gasoline. However the first model to be released is said to be a 650 twin that will be sold exclusively in Great Britain initially. Mahindra has very deep pockets and hopefully we will see a well developed, ready for market line of bikes similar to the way Royal Enfield has come back!

https://www.visordown.com/news/new-...earheaded-royal-enfield-rivalling-650cc-model

https://www.visordown.com/news/new-...earheaded-royal-enfield-rivalling-650cc-model

I believe Jawa is the parentBSA frame.jpg BSA wash.jpg company... hence the " look ". Spent yesterday have'n waaaay.. way too much " fun "... Six bucks in quarters, can of Gunk... removed 85% of the .. gunk. It's going to need a lot more cans of Gunk. Compared to pull'n a Xs unit from the frame.... this was a pain in the azz. :cussing:

In their defense....
Back in the 70's a 441 Victor got me to work on a daily basis for the better part of 2 yrs. Yeah... took a lot of upkeep to do it, but riding it in the Midlands back then was well worth the wrenchin'. That bike was made for the backroads of Britain.
If they bring out a retro Victor.... I'm gettin' it.
When I was growing up, my all time favourite bike was the 441 Victor. My buddy had one for a short period of a time. I’m liking the look of the new one! Modern looks with newer technology may be a winner. Should I wait and see and get one???

Back