Build By Threads

Frankenbob

XS650 Addict
Reaction score
Well I have been on here looking up threads and asking a lot of dumb ? before i got into my build very far and now it's time to start my own build thread I started with a 76 put on a TC Bros hard tail and had a pile of motor or most of the motor . Now i got a running 79 with 750 bore and have started to take it apart to put on the rigid frame. This is A real learning curve from old classic cars I'm used to building. I just want to thank everyone for answering any stupid ? I asked previously and for any help as I go.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    139.7 KB · Views: 433
Man this is gonna be the coolest build ever. Bike on the roof. HA. Had to bust your chops.

Good luck with the build. Nothing quite like riding on a bike you built and going to Harley and watching all those guys look over like WTF and feel their balls shrinking.

Ha I don't really know, seems sometimes these bikes have a mind of their own I just hope it comes down so i can strip it and put everything on the hard tail.

I started stripping the other bike put the forks on front brakes and rear wheel and had a problem the wheel and caliper fit very tight in the hard tail but the axle sticks out to far.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    238.2 KB · Views: 272
the wheel is tight rolls good i for got the chain tensioners but they wont take out all the space from the axle can i use washers?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    244.4 KB · Views: 245
I guess when i quit using this Ipad to post pix LOL I'll have to go to the class room to learn how to post picks besides the ipad hey can i use washers to take up the space on the axle.

...When are You going to get her off the ceiling Man?

They're having gravity problems up there. USGS has been reporting unusual earthquake activity in Azle. Figured Frankenbob's build activities were behind this.

You may need to spread the frame, and add spacers. Or you may need a shorter axle. Plan on either, but wait until the engine is in, so you can check sprocket alignments and chain/frame clearances...

Hey thanks will do i"ll try to get the motor in next weekend Yeah we have had over 30 quakes since thanksgiving my house has sunk 3" on one side it sux looking to move soon. the wheel and hub are tight in the frame had to pry it a little just to squeeze the caliper in.

Well I got the motor out of the 79 and tucked in the build bike it lined up good now I'll take it out and prep it for paint

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    111.4 KB · Views: 250
Got to paint the jugs and heads this weekend. Then everything froze around here when I get some warmer weather I can finish the painting.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    239.3 KB · Views: 251
Today I got my tank mounting tabs in from Lowbrow and welded them on just have to clean up the old tabs I am removing

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    183.6 KB · Views: 250
Back