Build By Threads

Hey thanks I trying, I just ordered the mounting tabs and a pair of mounting bungs but I had to re tap the bungs they are threaded 1/8 npt pipe thread and no one around here sells bolts with that thread. So I just tapped them out to 3/8 16 course thread and bought some chrome allen heads been filing the fins on the motor aswell.

Been filing fins after painting I think it is coming out ok.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    269 KB · Views: 212
Well I came in to work early so I could do something to my bike and I did more damage then good while mounting my tank what is this cap called on top of the neck.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    190.5 KB · Views: 166
Made some adjustments to the tank now I want to finish the paint on it thinking of using gold leaf trimmed in white on the sides.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    270 KB · Views: 173
Hey Frankenbob! whats up Man?
I'm digging the tank.
Man those bars are perdy tall.
I like em too!.
your labor on the engine seems to be worth every minute of your time.
Cause it looks great!
:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Thanks Carbon it is realy hard to find the time to work on her I live damn near 40 miles from work and I keep it at work so it will be indoors and safe from my wife lol i get to work on it in 15 to 20 minute intervals on most days. but lately my wife has been gone taking care of her mother so I am doing the single dad thing with 2 kids under 10 and a puppy it is hard to do anything besides work cook clean laundry homework ect.

I need to get some pipes and forward controls and Ranger is making me a seat then it will be pretty much ready to go. never thought I'd make it this far.

Got the motor back in today I also got some solid riser bushings from figure8 good guy.that thing is heavier than I remember.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    288.6 KB · Views: 210
It's been a while since I have pulled the bike out to work on it my money has been going to 4wheeliers dirt bikes and other toyz for the kids but today I managed to order my forward controls,break pivot,and linkage. Got my wire harness done a couple months ago thanks to DaddyG,Who knew how much money goes into one of these builds? Here I thought $500 and some tools and id have a little bar hopper HAHa I'll probably have $4000 in it when i'm done.

Yeah I now know how quick it ads up, I had a good summer with my kido's though so it was worth it to put the build up and spend the time and money with them. They won't want to hang out with dad too much longer but skools back in so the bikes back out and it will be moving forward again thanks for all yer input. I'm sure I'll be asking for help in no time lol wish i could find more pics of forward controls and disc break set ups.

Last edited:
Well I got to work early today so I pulled out the bike and mounted controls and tacked up the break pivot.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    273.5 KB · Views: 148
It feels good to start working on it again I wish I could figure out how to attach more then one photo.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    241.2 KB · Views: 149
Back