Build By Threads

I started stripping the other bike put the forks on front brakes and rear wheel and had a problem the wheel and caliper fit very tight in the hard tail but the axle sticks out to far.

Hi 'bob,
the axle is the correct length; it's the frame's arse end that's too narrow.
Didja weld in that unpainted frame crossmember yourself or was it the dreaded PO?
Looks like it pulled the frame in too narrow.
Anyhow, get a length of 3/4" threaded rod and two nuts to use as a spreader to jack the frame out to the correct dimension.
Might be best to cut that crosspiece out beforehand and weld a longer one in afterwards.

Hey thanks for the advise and I was the one who welded the cross bar in I didn't think about the heat pulling in the axle plates thats what happened I just used a 4x4 block hammered in between the axle plates and heated up the frame with a rosebud tip on the torch let it cool down and the block fell out and all was good.

Got some work done this month

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    233.5 KB · Views: 188
Morning Carbon,Yes sir She will be ready by spring.It's hard having it here at work and not having the time or money to work on it.So i started a fundraiser for the bike kinda like a swear jar.lol I'm getting close now though.you have a happy new year be safe tonight.

Back