1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Hey Facebook people... We've created a group for XS650.com members to connect. Check it out!
    Dismiss Notice

Build Thread...Special to Cafe Bike

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by MaxPete, Jan 13, 2017.

1. MaxPete

MaxPete Lucille, Betty & Demi - I suggest but THEY decide. XS650.com Supporter Top Contributor

Great suggestions - thanks 5Twins!

Jim likes this.
  2. Bewarethemoon

Bewarethemoon XS650 Addict XS650.com Supporter

I can’t wait to see what you do with this tank Jim!

I love the little mockup! I’m going for a very similar look, exited to see what Pete does!

Daniel.

Last edited: Mar 23, 2020
    Jim and MaxPete like this.
  3. aldo5468

aldo5468 Redleg XS650.com Supporter

Pete, I dunno what petcocks you're going to use on that 750 tank, but if the stock 750 vacuum units like I have, make sure there's enough clearance above the carb cover tops for the lateral hoses going into the central tee that feeds gas down to the carb inlets. Rear of my tank sits just a tad higher than I would have liked, but I couldn't lower it any more without the hoses lying right down on top of the carb covers. Photo doesn't show how close it is, but you get the idea.

Attached Files:

MaxPete, ThatXS650Guy and Jim like this.
  4. MaxPete

MaxPete Lucille, Betty & Demi - I suggest but THEY decide. XS650.com Supporter Top Contributor

Great thought - thanks!

Actually, I have a source for NOS Yamaha petcocks and I have a set of those for either the ‘78E or the cafe (and he has several more sets if anyone is interested) plus I have a set of the aftermarket non-vacuum ones too.

I’ll sort of hold off till the tank comes back and then I’ll see what fits best.

PM me if you want to get a set of the OEM units for yourself and I’ll hook you up.

Pete

Raymondo and Jim like this.