buildin' me a tracker

Look's better with each new pic Dave. Why # 2?

Coupla reasons. You see a LOT of #1 on street trackers, wanted to be different. Also that particular font has a lot more character. Lastly, back in the day I was a big Rusty Wallace (of NASCAR) fan, he ran the #2.

Pregrid,
Were those braided stainless lines made by you and your friend or bought preassembled? If you made them where did you get the supplies. I'm having a hard time finding anyone that sources the line and fittings to do them myself.

We made them, not difficult to do at all. Go to ANplumbing.com.

Coupla reasons. You see a LOT of #1 on street trackers, wanted to be different. Also that particular font has a lot more character. Lastly, back in the day I was a big Rusty Wallace (of NASCAR) fan, he ran the #2.

Gotcha, not sure if I'll number mine, but 88 ala DJ {certainly not that wannabe that has it now} would be at the top of my list

This is a pretty good #2 also

KK3.jpg

Gotcha, not sure if I'll number mine, but 88 ala DJ {certainly not that wannabe that has it now} would be at the top of my list

This is a pretty good #2 also

KK3.jpg

Yeah, and I understand that old fucker was a fairly good racer in his time.:D

88..........ppfffffffffttt...............who drives that car again??

Went to a friend's house last night and we did the brake lines..........did braided stainless, then used clear heat shrink in top to keep the abraision level down.

Pregrid - did you use the auto-flex hoses? What was the part #?
Also what type of connectors did you use?
Sorry if it's a simple question...I'm new to brakes. :doh:
Thanks
A22

Pregrid - did you use the auto-flex hoses? What was the part #?
Also what type of connectors did you use?
Sorry if it's a simple question...I'm new to brakes. :doh:
Thanks
A22

I have no clue, my buddy is the expert and he put all the parts together. I'll betcha if you do a little searching both here and on youtube you can get a little schoolin'. Also if you give ANplumbing a call they may be able to help you. But before you do that it would help if you did a little research.

Try Goodridge, they make universal lines that come in various lengths and banjo fittings that screw in together. Just measure what length you need and the banjo angle you require.
Not really a good close up, but here is mine.

brembo3.jpg

Try Goodridge, they make universal lines that come in various lengths and banjo fittings that screw in together. Just measure what length you need and the banjo angle you require.
Not really a good close up, but here is mine.

Thanks for the info

Dude nice reply. :wtf:

All you had to say was the first line, after that my next step would have been to "do a little searching both here and on youtube". Which it seems you should do as well, since you don't know what lifesaving parts are on your bike.

I thought this was a forum to help people out, not be a sarcastic asshat. :shrug:

Wow chill guy Pregrid has put a lot of info on here from his build and has been kind egnough to share his build. Thats what the fourm is about not to hold your hand. He was saying to do some searching before you called so you could actually ask for what you need without sounding like a fool.

It's friday go drink a beer:thumbsup:

I'm new to brakes.

Dood!! This is the part of your post that sent me in the direction that I went. If in deed you are "new to brakes" my giving you part #'s and whatnot would not help you. I have, if nothing else, tried to share my experiences and when questions are asked try to give any knowledge that I have to anyone that asks of it. My answer was given the way it was because of all the systems on your vehicle brakes are probably the most important and a GOOD knowledge of that particular system may very well save your life! I'm truly sorry if that answer was not the one you wanted. I'll try to do better in the future. if I truly had the part numbers and all the details you requested I'd have given them to you. You know why I went to my buddy to do the work? 'cause he's more knowlegable than I am about this particular job. K, rant off. Sarcastic asshat out.

If I drank that uh stuff. I'd be an ass hat too!

Oh and cut him some slack. He's from Illinois, He IS being polite.

First I appologize for name calling...it's not cool and very childish of me.
Second my only point was why didn't you just say I don't know or that you have to ask your friend for the part number. I wasn't very clear when I said new to brakes I just meant to ss brake line manufactures.
I get the whole educating myself, but part of education is asking questions of others and expecting a reasonable response. I thought I asked a reasonable question and was taking off guard when the response was to me snarky and mean spirited.
Again, I read too much into it and an Internet forum is a tough place to effectively communicate. Maybe you saw it as me asking how long of a line should I get, and I thought you knew I meant what brand did you use. However, retracing my orginial post it is very unclear what I was asking.

Hey I am from WI we are ALLOWED to pick on our Friendly Illinois Brothers. Just a little Friday evening fun. Now i gotta go finish the oil change on the 1100 Aero I just got. PO had so much oil in it that it overflowed out of the dip stick hole when I opened it to check! No gas smell though. Ready to ride he said............

Hey I am from WI we are ALLOWED to pick on our Friendly Illinois Brothers. Just a little Friday evening fun. Now i gotta go finish the oil change on the 1100 Aero I just got. PO had so much oil in it that it overflowed out of the dip stick hole when I opened it to check! No gas smell though. Ready to ride he said............

You sure it wasn't stuffed with cheese?

Back