buildin' me a tracker

Flipping eck Pre grid you are a biking star mucker,,,,,,can i have your autograph mate,,,please sighn a $100 note and send it to me

Leslie the envious

Um, sure Leslie. Hold your breath, I'll be right with you..........................

I'm gonna have to up the asking price on this sucker! It's bonafide!!:D

Hey grid,
Now that we have our ignitions how was yours wired with no solinoid? All small wire terminals on the back of this thing, so what size wire and exactly where to for the ingnition starter function? Your pictures are always so good but I cant seem to find one.

Last edited:
Pergrid,

Great Build and thread! Sorry if this is a repeat question... your thread is getting long.
I was wouldering about the make and specs of your tires.

Cheers
Lester
Norway

They're Maxxis

dd006.jpg

Love this thread, I have been reading it for the past 3 days and my hats off to Dave and others who have embarked on different projects, but I must admit Dave has been my inspiration. So like many others, here's my question, I'm interested to know if the tires you fit on the mags require an inner tube or does it go on tubeless.

Thanks!

Dont know what Pre did. I have cast 19" wheels from two different year bikes. One says OK for tubeless, the other does not. I will put tubes in both. Why not?

Love this thread, I have been reading it for the past 3 days and my hats off to Dave and others who have embarked on different projects, but I must admit Dave has been my inspiration. So like many others, here's my question, I'm interested to know if the tires you fit on the mags require an inner tube or does it go on tubeless.

Thanks!

Thanks, tires are tube type (they're race tires, not DOT shhhhhhhhhhhhhh), so that's what I'm runnin'. Wheels might not need them but the tires do......I guess.

Thanks guys! The model is so versatile and especially when built out as a street tracker that I am considering it for the occaisional track day. But I am at least a year away from that goal, have to build it first, just bought an XS and this thread has been an inspiration!! So I will keep you guys posted when I begin my project

Pre, somewhere along the line, I recall you saying you had to do some trimming on the Omar's seat to clear the battery box and/or frame. Do recall what the problem was?

Pre, somewhere along the line, I recall you saying you had to do some trimming on the Omar's seat to clear the battery box and/or frame. Do recall what the problem was?

Um, don't recall doing that. the only trimming I did on the seat was way forward for better clearance with the tank.

ooh ooh ohh!! What does that tire measure width-wise??? Trying to figure out if it fits my wheel chocks.

Just double the width of the wheel- 5"

K, coupla things here. What the fuck is a spending plan? :D I have been through enough projects that I know better than to have one of those. I know, I know, it's a smart thing to do. Limit spending to something within your "budget", what ever that is. Great idea if you're gonna add on a room, buy a new fridge or whatever. Those are projects that are more or less necessary. These, or at least mine, does not fall into that catagory. Mine is, pure and simple, a toy. I justified doing this in the beginning by figuring what it would cost to build. " I can afford that", I said. And that was the last time I considered cost 'cause I knew it would limit the quality of what I was about to build. I have a manila folder 'bout 3/4" thick with receipts. I have thought a coupla times about adding them up.........for just a few seconds..............and then I thought better of it. I have a rough idea, prolly low, but to be honest I really don't give a shit. I'm not rich by any stretch of the imagination, bikes just happen to be my ONLY hobby.
And I've got a VERY understanding and low maintenence wife. So to answer your question, I don't know...........and don't wanna. Wow, that came out longer than I thought it would!:D

I agree with the sentiment for sure, but there's that darn box on the insurance paperwork that needs to be filled out and with how easy to steal these toys are I'd like it to be pretty accurate so at some point I'm gonna have to count up the receipts. Hey I thought you sold this bike? Still looks great either way.

I agree with the sentiment for sure, but there's that darn box on the insurance paperwork that needs to be filled out and with how easy to steal these toys are I'd like it to be pretty accurate so at some point I'm gonna have to count up the receipts. Hey I thought you sold this bike? Still looks great either way.

Yeah, I finally added them up. Less than I thought (that's good), more than it's worth (no surprise there). I've got Progressive and they have an "Agreed Value" option. I chose that at $6500.00 and even with full coverage it's not (for me) that expensive. By that I mean because of my age and driving record. Haven't sold it yet. This is the wrong time to sell a bike, theoretically, but I've sold bikes in the winter before. besides, if it don't sell I guess I'll just have to ride the damn thing!:D

Back