Buyer Beware

ksrebel

XS650 Enthusiast
Reaction score
The Vintage Spoke out of Abilene Ks. Ordered a seat cover on May 5, haven't got the cover. Having to go through paypal to try and get a refund. Sent emails and tried a phone call. Got no replies and lied to on the phone.

Where are you at in KS? I`ve seen their website but things were very expensive. I`m going to Concordia next Sat. so if they have a business address I`ll go by and check it out. I`m in Topeka.

Maxpete I don't want to be associated with your angry gunfire symbols. Please refrain from such behavior in the future. Thanks Ron

All I meant was that if they are not a good supplier then people ought to know that....

...sure didn't intend any offense.

Cover arrived. Quality seems okay. Company does not live up to the billing, in my opinion. Took almost a month to receive my item.

Can't speak as to quality but; Unless they advertised it as in stock, immediate shipping, a one month delivery in the height of motorcycle part buying season doesn't seem out of line.
Post a couple pics?

The Vintage Spoke is the American outlet for kedo.com, an Australian supplier that specializes in TT500, XT500 and a couple other vintage Yamaha model models that have huge followings in Europe and Australia. Oftenthe part that you buy from the Vintage Spoke has to travel first from Australia to Kansas City and then to you, hence long ship times are not unusual.
Kedo is a respected outfit with a massive catalog including a lot of quality performance parts as well as quality restoration parts. I have bought a couple of handfuls of parts from the Vintage Spoke for my 1977 XT500, and have always been satisfied.
DSC09740small.jpg

Looking at them on ebay over the years most of the parts they sell are not in stock,

Failed to answer multiple personal emails, failed to answer multiple paypal emails, phone conversation as complete BS. Only made contact thru their own website after the threat of escalation on paypal. Was sent a notice of shipment, then after was sent an email asking if I wanted a refund. Worthless customer support. Buyer Beware.

And now for the punchline.........The seat cover doesn't fit, not even close. Have to try for a refund.

Back