cable operated remote master cylinder

anything going on with this? I like the idea of the cable operated remote rear MC's. Will you be able to get enough brake with your hand on those or will I need to go to the gym?

If done right, you should have plenty of power.. Just have to get the master cylinder size right and the leverages right at the lever and master cylinder (if you set it up as a lever on that end too).

Correct, and they're also known for their less-than-stellar performance. I have a '76 R90/6 with the under-the-tank MC, and one of the future mods I plan to do to that bike is convert to a handlebar-mounted MC. The bike just does not stop very well and, by all accounts I've read, it's because of the cable-driven MC.

So I'd look at going with a small MC perhaps, or maybe one with a remotely mounted reservoir like the one shown above, rather than a cable-driven one.

I'm converting my '75 R90 to a Thruxton master cylinder cause the cable operated one is really lousy. But------- the master cylinder is hidden if that is what you are after.

Just a heads up that old BMW airheads have cable actuated front master cylinders. They're hidden under the gas tanks. Not the smallest things in the world but another option.

I believe all 750 Secas had a cable operated master cylinder for the front brakes. XJ750R I guess, for Great Britain.

http://xjbikes.com/Forums/viewtopic/p=256484.html

1pyn81.jpg

Back