Cafe bicycle thought this was cool

gggGary

If not now, When?
Top Contributor
XS650.com Supporter
Reaction score
For sale in the Milwaukee WI, USA craigslist
But a very tempting genre.

Hi there, I'm selling my motorbike that I made over the winter. I built it piece by piece with two factors in mind: performance, and safety. Cruising speeds are around 33mph, top speed around 38, judging by the bicycle speedometer. I haven't clocked it on the gps. Compared to the bicycle engine kits you buy online, there isn't much left stock here. Polished ports, DAX RT carb, and the Sick Bike Parts expansion chamber get it moving along, while the Avid Disc brake up front, new wheels and Hookworm tires provide fantastic traction and stopping power. This is a long bike, making it sturdy and reliable even for larger riders. Night riding is aided by double 900 candle power headlights and a red led tail light. This bike is street legal, and requires no motorcycle license. I have never had any trouble with authorities. At around 100 miles to the gallon, it's also a fantastic way to save some money as gas prices rise. This bike is a blast to ride, and I get positive comments wherever I take it. Selling it because I'm on to the next project. Asking $1500, but shoot me a reasonable offer and we'll go from there. Email, or text at 715 four nine three 2752 Thanks for looking! Photos by www.kathleenstogin.com Tags: custom moped scooter motorized gas bicycle motorbike cafe

Wow. That is KOOL! It has the vintage appeal of a board tracker, with the modernity of a latter day moped! I'd have that in a heartbeat if I could sneak it past my beloved. :)

TC

that's super cool. saw something similar - low slung like a chopper/bobber - in seattle - it had a jack daniels bottle as a gas tank. that's was danger and awesome!!!

by the way, what's the base engine for this one?

It's amazing how intrigued we are with things with 2 wheels and a motor. It can be a motorized bicycle or a 200HP Busa and we drool the same over both. I guess that's what makes all this so much fun.

Yeah thats pretty cool indeed! Could someone in the know please explain how these bikes work. There must be some kind of a clutch there to allow pedaling without driving the motor, right?

Posted via Mobile

^I made one for my brother last summer. There's a clutch lever like an mc but you normally wouldn't pedal it except to start it. Even with the clutch pulled you're turning an extra chain and some motor parts. There's no neutral but there's a pin you can push down to hold the clutch lever in. To start it you get some speed pedaling and pop the clutch. They are a lot of fun.

I'd love to do that to one Of the balloon tire classics.

FDBDOWN.ASP

Very boardtracker.

Posted via Mobile

Back