Calling out to 5twins. On starter removal.

RMS621

XS650 Enthusiast
Reaction score
I saw your post in a thread and I just wanted to get it right. I can remove "everything" is that correct? I have my case split and I am just about ready to start reassembling. I am making the bike kick start only. I do have the starter block off kit from Mike's XS.

I just wanted to get it right just so I don't miss anything.

Thanks

You can remove parts 15-22 from under the little cover (#23) on the left side and parts 1-9 from under the right side engine cover. Parts 10-14 must stay unless you split the crankcase .....

StarterGears.jpg

None of these parts absolutely have to be removed but if you're looking for the most you can remove, this is it.

Yes, since you have the cases split, you can remove everything. The next guy who owns this bike may not like that if he tries to put a starter back on though, lol. I'd save all the parts and bag them. Who knows, you may get tired of kicking it some day.

Yes, since you have the cases split, you can remove everything. The next guy who owns this bike may not like that if he tries to put a starter back on though, lol. I'd save all the parts and bag them. Who knows, you may get tired of kicking it some day.

Thanks for the fast reply!! :thumbsup:

I plan on keeping this one I am building. Since I have spent a pretty penny on it so far and i'm not done yet.

I'll swap in one of my stock motors I have laying around if I ever end up selling the bike.

As far as kicking... yeah I have found that it sucks when you have your carbs all out of tune lol :banghead:

Back