Cam chain adjustment nut

nj1639

Paleo-simplistic
Top Contributor
Reaction score
When adjusting the cam chain tension, place the cover nut on the flat of the engine case right behind the left cylinder. Just take a look there and you'll see what I mean. This way, after taking a four mile test run after adjusting the cam chain and valves and make it back home and then wondering where that smoke is coming from on the left header pipe and you look and see that it's oil and then you look and see that you forgot to put the cap on and you dig around for that spare that you know you have and you find it and get ready to put it on a hot engine, it'll most likely STILL BE THERE! lol.
I was getting ready to put on my walking shoes because I just knew that it had to have fallen off in the first hundred yards.........

I use this stuff...

GinkoSmart.jpg

Ill see your forgotten cap and raise you a cam chain locking nut installed backwards for a riding season.
Kept on flipping and fluffing cam chain cap o ring thinking that would stop the occasional drip... wasnt until prepping bike for season and did adjustment that i realized it was on backwards.
At a glance, it all looked correct....but it came just shy of putting any pressure on copper sealing washer.

Back