For Sale - Cam Chain Tensioner and NOS Clutch Springs

ryamatt

XS650 Addict
Reaction score
Tensioner from a 77 with around 10,000 kms.
New/sealed bag EBC clutch springs.
Make me an offer + shipping.
IMG_4011.JPG IMG_4016.JPG IMG_4014.JPG IMG_4015.JPG

What magic did you use to get the tensioner off? Stuff that hard to get loose scares me with visions of stripped heads and broken bolts

What magic did you use to get the tensioner off? Stuff that hard to get loose scares me with visions of stripped heads and broken bolts
Huh? No magic just the proper JIS screw driver. The tensioner has never given me problems. Not sure what you’re getting at.

On my '81 they're super-locktited like the BS34 L-bracket. I'm always looking for handy tricks for not destroying stuff

On my '81 they're super-locktited like the BS34 L-bracket. I'm always looking for handy tricks for not destroying stuff
I agree, some of those BS34 L-bracket screws are crazy tight, and you never know until it's too late. So now, I always carefully support the carbs and use a hand impact driver with a very good condition Phillips bit. And I always use a heat gun -- heat softens Locktite.

I've removed several tensioners. Again, use a hand-impact driver. It forces the Phillips bit into the screw head, preventing ruining the head, and the impact helps break the threads loose. And again, if you are really worried, apply heat with a heat gun.

I agree, some of those BS34 L-bracket screws are crazy tight, and you never know until it's too late. So now, I always carefully support the carbs and use a hand impact driver with a very good condition Phillips bit. And I always use a heat gun -- heat softens Locktite.

I've removed several tensioners. Again, use a hand-impact driver. It forces the Phillips bit into the screw head, preventing ruining the head, and the impact helps break the threads loose. And again, if you are really worried, apply heat with a heat gun.
Guys - you are highjacking my classified ad with a discussion on cam tensioners. Take it somewhere else.

Back