Cam timing adjustment

The Australian XS650 group has some accomplished members whose home shops turn out work that the money makers can only envy. One name: David Raynor.

Best of the best to you,
Dick

I have had great difficulty getting cams ground here in NZ I finally got one copied but had to wait 6 months.
Gary Hoos sold me a core (to reduce freight cost) and arranged for Megacycle to grind a rephased cam for me. All up it took about 3 months but that was before shipping went to pot.
Try contacting the XS 650 Club of Australia they will know who is doing cams in Ausssie. On there website there was a video of a very clever cam grinding machine built by one of their members.

Nick Mc Ginn in Melbourne can make your cam sprocket adjustable you do need to send the cam to him.
He has done 2 for me and the work is perfect. He used to have an add on the XS 650 club of Australia website.

I have a friend who modified a stock sprocket to make it adjustable, you do need a lathe and a mill with a rotary table is helpful. He is a hobbie machinist and said it was not hard to do.
A member here Hot Dog is on the Gold Coast I think, made his own adjustable sprocket, he has a video of it on YouTube. His design is nice it uses 3 x 7mm genuine Yamaha bolts, a bit stronger than other 3 x 6mm bolt designs.
I've met Nick & he's a top bloke, helped me out after I lost a gear selector pin roller, he lives about 1 hour from my place. I'll have a chat with him.

Back