Camshaft seals

Yes, don't buy them there even if you do find them listed, they're no good, lol. Get them directly from Yamaha.

Well, that was the size for a while. Yamaha has now gone back to using the very early size which was only 5mm thick. The ends of the cam don't protrude very much out of the engine. A thinner seal seats in deeper and may get better and more purchase on that stubby end. Mike's sells what they call an improved seal but many report issues with it. It is a triple lip type but is also 7mm thick so those extra lips often do no good because they don't get onto the end of the cam.

Any bearing house should be able to get you what you need. If your really lucky, they will have them on the shelf. And there is always ebay.

Well, that was the size for a while. Yamaha has now gone back to using the very early size which was only 5mm thick. The ends of the cam don't protrude very much out of the engine. A thinner seal seats in deeper and may get better and more purchase on that stubby end. Mike's sells what they call an improved seal but many report issues with it. It is a triple lip type but is also 7mm thick so those extra lips often do no good because they don't get onto the end of the cam.
Thanks, They are pretty easy to find, on line, but I think I will try the local bearing house today and go online, if I have to.

Yamaha has gone back to the thinner seal as that's all that is available
to them now. The thicker seals are OEM Honda seals.

Back