Can I get away without using this relay?

350boatracing

XS650 New Member
Reaction score
HI, I have an 79' xs 750 and I put a different wiring harness on it off another xs 750. Some of the wiring is different. I have this relay box and the replacement harness does not have a connector for it. The old harness does but the replacement doesn't. The box sits right next to the flasher cancelling unit south of the lighting reserve unit. My questions are: What is this particular relay used for AND Can I get everything to work right without it?

Thanks for you help.

Attachments

• 20140510_131903.jpg
    20140510_131903.jpg
    166 KB · Views: 181
Last edited:
Yes, why would you think we might know this ??? I don't ask Honda questions here. I don't ask BMW questions here. I don't ask Moto Guzzi questions here. There are other places that would answer questions about those bikes. The trick is to find them. I have and honestly, it wasn't difficult (try Google). This is a very popular motorcycle related site but it is very specific and narrow focused. IT ONLY DEALS WITH 650 Yamahas. If you can't see that right off or figure it out after a couple hours on the site then I'm going to go out on a limb here and say there's no helping someone like you. No offense meant, just stating the facts as you've put them forth. Take the bike to a shop and pay for help. They'll gladly take your money and maybe fix it, well, they will take your money, lol.

What I often recommend is to have a wiring diagram for the years of the bikes the parts you ask about came off of. Look on the diagram for an item that has the same number and colors of wires that match the item you need to ID.
Usually no two items have the same number and colors of wires.
Leo

yeah, forget it. If you're gonna be pricks. Usually guys have some general knowledge of the bikes, not just the one they're on. Obviously all you know is your little 650.

Uh oh. Flag on the field. 15 yard penalty from the spot of the foul. Scaring off the newbs. :wink2:

350boatracer I'd answer your question if I could but thats probably why my advice is free.

FYI, It's a light checker. How do I know? oh well some guy from another xs 650 website said so. A guy who actually knows his bike. so 5 twins can take his pos yamaha 650 and drive it til it craps. You freakin douche bag. I hate yamahas.

Back