Can You Wheelie?

Kind of like water skiing and driving the boat at the same time.

So far I think I understand that there are basically two kinds of wheelies. Pretty sure that I'm not interested in the high speed type of wheelie. :eek:

Bringing it up from a standstill or barely moving is what I'm interested in. After that I'm really not even interested in reaching the balancing point. Distance, nah. :umm:

So, I would like to be able to smoothly bring up the front wheel and then gently put it back down. Slow finesse would be my goal. :thumbsup:

Off to youtube, monkey see.....:popcorn:
Lots of weight far back as you can get it makes everything easier. IMHO Wheelie from a standstill actually hardest, most likely to end in disaster. It's physics, a spinning front wheel is a gyroscope, aids stability.

All of this talk about rowdy youth brought back a memory yesterday. When I had my XT500
( I was 19 ) , me and a friend were in this dirt field behind a restaurant , riding around in a big loop and doing power slides. A third friend was watching, he had a brand new Kawasaki Z900 and he says watch this. He took that bike out there and started throwing up rooster tails of dirt and speeding towards a corner and then to our utter amazement he threw a leg out and laid that bike over and slid it around the corners....not once but many times.
He pulled back into the parking lot and laughed and said I swore I’d never do that!
He was at the time a sponsored motocross racer, rode for a local Kawasaki dealership. He was as talented as he was fearless. He raced a highly modified KX250.

Back