Carb Guide Dead Cylinder Method

Astrolite

XS650 Member
Reaction score
I have just rebuilt my carbs and stumbled across mention of the "Dead Cylinder Method" of setting the idle mixture screws. I know that is not the correct terminology for the screws, but don't know what else to call them. Anyway, the reference I found said I could find the "Dead Cylinder Method" by going to the Tech tab at the top of the page, scrolling down to the carb section, clicking on Carb Manuals and then selecting the first link. This fist link appears to be a dead link! Is the another way or place to find this guide?

Thanks,

IMHO, it's a pretty lame way to adjust a carburetor, disable one cylinder while you adjust the carb on the other one. While it's running on one cylinder the the other carb is metering unburnt gas into its cylinder and washing oil off the cylinder walls and not doing the rings much good.

the Tech tab at the top of the page, scrolling down to the carb section, clicking on Carb Manuals and then selecting the first link. This fist link appears to be a dead link!

He’s right, the link is broken. @Travis , @5twins , this is the carb bible here!
IMG_5646.jpeg

Back