Carb jetting help plz

Cafe Murdock

Murdock
Reaction score
I'm running 34mm mikunis with k&n pods n I'm about to put lowbrow customs mufflers on in the next few days n I could use help with jetting big jet is74.0 and small is 42.5 I no I need a bigger jet for start and idle but not sure on the rest carb jetting is kinda new to me on bike carbs n I'm still learning how mikuni carbs work any help would b great thanks

There is no #74.0 in any Mikuni jet. From the size of the pilots jets I'd guess you have OE BS34 vacuum diaphragm carbs, but that's only a guess. The search utility works really well on this site and so does the Tech button: as the old Dylan song goes, "It's all been done before, it's all been written in the book...."

There is no #74.0 in any Mikuni jet. From the size of the pilots jets I'd guess you have OE BS34 vacuum diaphragm carbs, but that's only a guess. The search utility works really well on this site and so does the Tech button: as the old Dylan song goes, "It's all been done before, it's all been written in the book...."
Yea I figured thats wat they where does any one make a kit with different Jets n sizes n it that'll work on 34mm mikunis

Sure, Keyster makes a kit. It's full of junk Chiwanese brass and guaranteed to make you wish you'd never touched a carburetor. 5twins did a fine job on the "Tuning for Modifications" section of the Carb Guide. Click the link, read don't skim, and order genuine Mikuni jets from Niche Cycle Supply.

Comparing the vacuum gauge to the fluid tubes.

1 tic mark on the vacuum gauge is 1 psi.

If using colored water in a fluid tube, that's equal to a 28" difference in fluid levels.
If using oil, that'll be a 37" difference.

Just a matter of granularity. Coarse vs fine...

Ok I've got snap on vac. Gage set from the 70 or so there good reliable gages but I've only ever used them on small blocks n that sorta stuff do I hook my Gage to the back. Barb's on intake tubes or is there a threaded vac. Tube hole sum where on 1980 mikuni BS 34mm carbs my motors got sum bad vibes n Poppin and stutter goin on and I'm hopein a good cleaning and resync with cure a bit of that

Back