Carb slide height

Rotor does seem to be testing OK. Are the slip rings clean? Very dirty ones can hamper output. The points of your meter probes may be getting through the dirt but maybe the brushes aren't.

I wasn’t sure about cleaning them. They had some black build up on them. I just used some electrical contact cleaner and a rag to clean them.
I wasn’t sure what you can use as I didn’t want to damage the surface or anything.

I use plain old chrome cleaner on a rag and basically just "polish" them clean. I wipe them down afterwards with some electrical contact cleaner to remove any remnants of the chrome cleaner. Here's mine with one ring cleaned, the other not done yet .....

id1CxSs.jpg

GHoeRsM.jpg

..... then with both cleaned .....

jrGGd3G.jpg

On the '83 I got recently, the slip rings were so dirty I couldn't get good test readings until I tested along the clean outer edges.

I use plain old chrome cleaner on a rag and basically just "polish" them clean. I wipe them down afterwards with some electrical contact cleaner to remove any remnants of the chrome cleaner. Here's mine with one ring cleaned, the other not done yet .....

id1CxSs.jpg

GHoeRsM.jpg

..... then with both cleaned .....

jrGGd3G.jpg

On the '83 I got recently, the slip rings were so dirty I couldn't get good test readings until I tested along the clean outer edges.

Ive got build up like that on both of my rings.
I’ll whip it off tomorrow and clean it all up and see what happens. Thanks for the advice!

Back