carb slides and diaphrams

damm.. thanks skull there goes that idea .. theres a set of bs34 slides with new diaphams on gumtree at the moment if your intrested , says make a offer , all the cv carbs iv got in the spare parts boxs are bs38s

us $ 20 ea , us$35 postage = us $55 = about aust 80 after fees...… postage may be ok for the states but for us au$50-55 postage for something that will easily fit in a envelope .. bit of a rip off

1 AUD = 0.709193 USD 1 USD = 1.41005 AUD Thats the problem................

Be more than $80 more like $95 with GST and the bank/paypal fees

What are you after, BS38 Diaphragms???

yep just an idea at the moment , saw the add on gumtree and it reminded me of the sets of bs38 got in the parts box , think about 3 sets , and if cheap enough rescue 1 set all, stuffed diaphans .. have vm34 s and a vm36 set and the lectron for all my bikes ,seems a pity to leave them (bs38) rattling around doing nothing

"seems a pity........" that sort of thinking always ends up costing money!

I wouldn't even waste my time and money on fixing up any early separate carbs, unless, of course, they were needed for a resto. For my own personal use as back-ups, I'd only fix up a later '76-'79 linked set, which in fact, I have.

was just an idea , I hate waste , wouldn't run them myself but idle thought was to fix up and pass them on to someone who could use them , still cant understand the postal pricing on their website , postage in us $8 , Canada $28 , international $35 , surely it doesnt cost a extra $20 to post to Canada ????????????

Back