carb tune help

kiser1991

XS650 Enthusiast
Reaction score
hello all i have been messing with my carbs on my xs650 and wondering if my problem is else where. when i run my bike it idles fine, but when i rev it fast it bogs downs and dies. now if i slowly roll thw throttle it will rev up .
so when its reved up and i let go of the throttle( i know the throttle handle resets) the bike continues to rev for a few seconds and then slowly brings the rpms down. any one have suggestions on what i can do?

Have you been riding or just starting it up to work on it. My bike does that before it's nice and warm.

Wrong size jets!!!!...........Need information on the Jets, type of carbs, (34's 38's), filter type and any info on the bike year model to start off

Looking at some of your past posts, I see you have the Mikuni VM slide carbs. You were referred to the VM tuning guide and of the need to check all the jetting installed. That would include the needle number and slide cutaway. Until you have that info and can determine if the installed components are at least close in size to what is known to work, you probably won't get too far trying to tune the carbs by just fooling with the adjustment screws.

hey all that helped me through the last few threads i have been on, i appreciate the help i have recieved. i went ahead and change my bike over to a 2into1 carb set up and got her tuned up today. the bike runs great and took it for a while today. again thanks for all the replies!

I'll get back to you on that. $ gonna be kinda tight for a couple of weeks. Are they relatively new? What condition are they in? Maybe a couple of pics might help us come to a price that can be agreed on.

Back