Carbs, carbs, carbs

well it seems a shame to scrap a perfectly good set of carbs for the want of a bit of ingenuity and application .

if the carbs are going to be abandoned then you have nothing to lose by carefully centre drilling the mixture screw to a depth of about 3/16ths on a drill press until you can drive a thin flat blade screwdriver blade deep into the the mixture screw with a small pin hammer .The walls of the mixture screw will be so thin that now the screw should easily turn out leaving the threads intact.

Last edited:
If you are careful you can drill out the head with a hand drill. Or at least I was successfully removed one from the carb body I traded JaxShane.

Hey guys I finally figured out a way to get the screws out! Thanks for everyone's help.

Attachments

• IMG_20180604_133336171.jpg
    IMG_20180604_133336171.jpg
    138.2 KB · Views: 253
Well good for you. A couple new mix screws and you'll be all set. Be aware that the remnants of the the little o-rings may still be mashed down into the bottom of the holes. Make sure you get them out before installing the new parts. The assembly sequence is spring, washer, o-ring. The washer keeps the spring from digging into the o-ring and destroying it .....

50uwrYZ.jpg

If you try those 12R screws from Yamaha I linked to, please let us know if they are indeed a perfect replacement and match.

Did anyone ever find out if those 12r screws will work?

EDIT: I can confirm that they work perfectly

Last edited:
Back