carport

crash

XS650 Junkie
Reaction score
Out of room in the shop and two sheds,Thinkng of getting on of those double carports and closing it in.Anyone ever gotten one of these?and how good are they made?will it make a good inclosed shop?:shrug:Thanks:D

I have a double wide "Carolina carport" that I paid $900 for, about 6 years ago. Its very strong. Only has a slab on one side though, as I had it put over an existing old driveway. So half is dirt. If the whole thing were concrete floored, it would be a good workshop, if it had proper elec. run to it. I ordered mine with the option of one side fully enclosed all the way down - but both "ends" open. If I had it to do over and had the $$ I'd consider the option of having one of the ends closed in with a shed option they offer. Would be really handy for locking up tools and maybe having a small workbench in there for a grinder or vise or whatever.

You'd really have to have elec though. 2 or 3 sides closed in all the way would result in a fairly dark area. I like mine! I mean it ain't pretty...but my Sporty lives under it, against the closed in side, for weather protection. And my dog likes it, she lays in the sand, on the side with no concrete, during hot weather. In summer when the sun is really obnoxious, I sit under there alot with a fan on me.

I also do have a privacy fence though, around my yard, so looks and security are not as much of an issue.

Mine has stood up some pretty strong Florida summer winds and nothing has ever flown off. Have never had to do anything to it. The system they use to anchor it to the ground is hella strong, too.

This is it, before I had my Sporty, when I had 2 Mustangs.

86Mustang2.jpg

Last edited:
Back