casey stoner ,,,wins again,,,,,in england...

oldbiker

oldbiker
Reaction score
hi guys ,,,i hope its not too early,, for you,,, but casey stoner won at silverstone england,, ,,he passed his team mate on the first lap and then lead to win ,,, ,,,thats his forth for the year,,,honda a tickled pink,,, i see lorenzo smashed out,,,regards oldbiker

..Shows how much I know/care about racing, I had to Google Casey Stoner to see what your thread was about!:doh:
I live 15 minutes from Silverstone & I didnt even know the GP was on:eek:

Gezzus XS1961 you didnt even go?

It was a great race. I have been a Colin Edwards fan for years. So cool to see him get on the podium with fifteen screws in his shoulder. Tough mofo.

I think there is no way anyone has a prayer of eclipsing Stoner this year. Unless he gets hurt he will be the champ.

im glad lorenzo crashed, i was hoping for that this season just for stoner. did you guys hear the commentary on colins response to qualifying 6th on the grid? he says "cause im bad ass!". i think its true colins a character.

My brother went, he said it was a good 'un,Im just not into racing(or modern bikes)..Last Silverstone GP I went to was in '78 or '79..
Even when Im at the Isle of Man I rarely watch the racing, I go for the atmosphere!

XS1961, how close do you live to Norwich England ? I have a very close friend who grew up in Norwich, he told me he rode his bike to Silverstone to watch Sheen and Roberts battle it out back in the day.

Not too far, about an hour & a half away, my wife comes from Norwich so were backwards & forwards to there quite often to see the inlaws so I know it very well!..
I saw the Sheene & Roberts races..I think the very last GP I saw was the one when they were filming Silver Dream Machine with David Essex !

XS1961; quote

"Even when Im at the Isle of Man I rarely watch the racing, I go for the atmosphere!"

I'm thinking that's just a way of saying you consumed a few pints of Guinness, while chatting up the barmaids:D

Youre almost spot on there RG...The pubs are where all the bikes/bikers are gathered but my barmaid days are over - the wife usually accompanies me these days!
Ill be off to the IOM in August for the Manx GP.Nothing better than sitting on a pub wall with bikes shooting past at 100+MPH 1 yard from your feet! Beats a GP on a track any day:wink2:

xs1961, I think watching a race that way would be very exciting. I have watched racing on the tv, most of the racing is on tracks or closed off streets. Driving in circles, kinda boring.
I like watching the WRC races. They are run that way. the racing is on sections of public roads, spectators line the edges of the roads with their cars and they can touch the race cars a they scream past at 100mph. Crazy stuff there.
Leo

Back