CDNTX's update. OHHHH this snow is killing me.

CDNTX650

XS650 Guru
Reaction score
yes i know the seat is open....need a new latch. I'm in love!!

needs seat latch, left bar switch, head light and Voltage regulator...Shift into first nice, did the first snow burnout!!

PC090025.jpg

PC090026.jpg

lookin great!I have a super nice 77 with no papers but cant bring myself to chop it up yet.saved it from a shed

yup, 74 with a mikes tank. Couldn't go wrong for the price. mine needed body work, paint, taps and cap. Got the clean ebay seat for 80.00CDN. Motor has new rings, valve stem seals. Low miles. sat outside for years. Just cleaned and painted everything. Motor is not repainted, just tossed it back together. Gonna get aftermarket guages. solid state regulator. Only using left side bar switch. kill switch in head light bucket. Ignition key switch in right side airbox cover. Emgo throttle sleeve and motion pro cable. Bs34's with johns needles. Single points cam and dual lead iggy coil. down 3 teeth on rear sprocket. Bike was almost complete, but soooo rusty and dirty when i got it. Oh yeah, new front end, new fork seals (good god was the old one hacked together) and caliper rebuild too...new master. Wired right from scratch.

Last edited:
Oh yeh, new wheel bearings too. And although the bike sat outside for years. The PO blocked off the intakes with rubber and exhaust.. so the motor was free. (actually ran real nice but the valve stem seals were shot)

Head light on, some wiring done. No signals yet as i havent ohmed out the switch to figure the wires out/decided on signals. pod filters on. Just need seat latch, tail light, tach, speedo and i'm legal in spring!

PC290027.jpg

PC290025.jpg

Very good looking bike. You've done well.
On your turn signal switch you should have a dark green, a chocolate and a brown/white wire. The brown/white hooks to the flasher, the dark green to the right side signals the chocolate to the left side.

Yes it looks very good. But the snow doesn't! Any issues with one of mikes tanks? Be sure when you are looking for the signal wires that you have good lighting . They might all look black. A fellow I know was connecting the wires in that birds nest behind the headlight in poor lighting and had three signals blinking at once..:wtf:
IMG_0008-2.jpg

tank was a bit tight fitting, but nothing major. Real nice for the price. shouldn't be to much issue for the harness end of it as i wired it myself from scratch. Really enjoying it. Can't wait to ride one again. Did the final timing today. Timed up nicely with the single points lobe. Idles steady and smooth. I put in a new breaker point too. Put in a mini toggle in the headlight bucket for a quick kill switch and did another one to switch between headlight low beam and the nice orange DRL that is in the lower half of the headlight. Can't wait to put on a set of brit mufflers. Mikes pods seem very well made now.

edit:
The switch is actually a mikes 77-84 clutch side bar switch. Anyone know colors for that one for the signals?

Back