Changing Intake ports to a D shape for better flow.

xs JB floor finished 2.jpg
Finished the left port awhile ago, lots of finger sanding,no other way to prevent over sanding and gauging plus visually inspecting the progress.

Just wow Jack! Very impressive!

What do you think the chances of a ‘mere mortal’ such as myself being able to get close to those results?

Daniel.

Just wow Jack! Very impressive!

What do you think the chances of a ‘mere mortal’ such as myself being able to get close to those results?

Daniel.
Daniel, I'll be upfront with you, this complete restructuring of the intake port takes a lot work just in floor preparations, you can't be intimidated buy it
you need to be patience and the have right tools for the job making the porting process much easier.

Rolled over the sharpe edge of the Short Turn just ever so slightly preventing flow over shooting the turn during testing. Notice that crude matching of the throat area, not much you can do other than install oversized valves, wasn't about to leave JB on the cap casting. Depending where max flow curve stabilizes ,the radius of the short turn might have to be laid back further or if any turbulence occurs.
XS epoxy short turn round over.jpg

Last edited:
To give you a visual idea of the differences in short turn height and its radius, here's an image of the D port that started it all, just browse back a few photos.This short turn was laid WAY back,it's hard to see but it is. The further it's laid back , flow is biased to higher lifts sacrificing flow at lower lifts, The short turn height and radius is about shuffling flow where you want it.
first d port. ST 2.jpg

Back