Check Out This "Clean" Carb

OakBehringer

XS650 Guru
Reaction score
Is there even a jet in there? Take a guess what is filling this up (it's not just varnish and dirt).

Hint1: it was also in every orifice of the carbs.
Hint2: it wasn't there when the carbs were taken off the bike

The bolt on the bottom was also so round that I had to file the edges to make flat surfaces to grip with vice grips. The screwdriver slot was cracked open.

This is the aggravation of buying off eBay.

Attachments

• Horrible.jpg
    Horrible.jpg
    87.5 KB · Views: 184
Don't know what that is but several times now I have worked on carbs where "el braino" got the bright idea to use permatex to seal the bowl gaskets. The gas dissolves it, and it plugs up everything in the carb with dark gooey crap.

I had the same thing with mine. It was so bad it coated the intake valve and it would not seat.

Holy crap! Well it looks like the outside is clean.

That's right! They are clean on the outside! Because the tard that sold them to me, on eBay, glass blasted them, without disasembly or taping off any holes. The carbs were packed with glass in every orifice. Three cans of carb cleaner to blow it all out.

NICE FOR ME.

I would send that guy a negative review, sellers hate that. Contact eBay as well and report the dude for lying about the condition of his item. In other words, really stir up a pot of shit for the guy, lol. He deserves nothing less. Only an idiot would glass bead a carb.

Open a case with ebay if he don't respond. You can get all of your money back if he don't make it rite. :thumbsup:

yeah what are the odds that you got EVERY last bead, what could one bead do to your engine? That sucks, the guy deserves a morons R us award.
OH never mind they LOOKED good for the auction, so it's OK.

Hell ya I'd report his ass! I agree with Gary. The glass could really mess up your engine or do more damage to the carbs, if it hasn't already.

Yeah, never trust it when a seller say a carb is bolt on and go (even a new carb). Always clean it!

Yeah, never trust it when a seller say a carb is bolt on and go (even a new carb). Always clean it!

Of course. And I didn't expect them to be "ready to go!" - but this was a little retarded.

Seller refunded 1/3 of the cost, was very apologetic, even suggested I should have contacted him immediately to send them back for him to 'fix'. Not worth the wait or effort for me, rather just clean 'em myself.

So I guess it worked out in the end. They're clean now, going on the bike tonight:

http://www.hellsbananas.com/archives/ride-me/391

Back