Check this craigslist ad

I does seem kind of high, price wise..... But I figured you guys would get a kick out of the side car.

I bought a new Velorex just like that many years ago, about a grand back then. Yes, way over-priced. And you won't get 50 MPG pulling a hack, more like 35, lol.

The wife told him to put it for sale and he doesn't want to see it go. I can almost guarantee that

Haha good call on that. I desperately want a nice old sidecar bike to cruise around town in, definitely the stylish way to go. Where's gordonscott, our resident sidecar guru?

Haha. That bike isn't for sale if he's asking more than $3,750. I think those side cars can be as much as 1,800 dollars brand new so take that and add the 1,700 dollar XS and this guy should get at least $3500 in fact to the right buyer he could pull $4k.

I personally think the asking price is reasonable... Its CL, so you know you gotta knock 20% off the top... Plus, you folks have lost your minds if you think that XS's in running and riding condition with good brakes, tires, forks, etc... are still going for $1700 on a daily basis... Around here they are a 2-2.5K bike, and on ebay they are rediculous...

hugh, check out the minnesota craigslists. The going price for a pristine xs is 1200.....but the midwest only gets 7-8 months of riding weather so our perception is a little skewed.

Oh god, I saw that ad, I didn't think he seriously wanted $11K, I have a feeling he wants to trade, but even still, he is a dreamer as well.

Back