Checking the oil with right side scrambler pipes

r80rt

Nomad
Reaction score
I know a lot of guys are running scrambler pipes on the right side, can you remove the dip stick without removing the pipes? It all looks pretty tight in the pictures I'm looking at.

I made my own pipes and you can check your oil if you do it before the pipe is hot. You have to unscrew it and angle it out but it's not bad. The pipes are way cool and well worth the effort

Posted via Mobile

Thanks for the info, I would run them on the left but I'm running a Joe wiseguy single carb manifold. I won't have room on the left with the carb on that side.

I talked to Dan at Pandemonium Custom, he's building me a set of his Ya Mama pipes for the right side, I can't wait to hear 'em.

I got my right side Ya Mama pipes from Pandemonium today, Dan did me good on these. The fit, sound and style is just what I was looking for, and checking the oil is easy. Makes me grin out loud.

Attachments

• 100.JPG
    100.JPG
    242.9 KB · Views: 248
Last edited:
Here ya go, typical bobber. TC Bros hard tail, Pandemonium YaMama pipes, Joe Wiseguy intake manifold, 36mm Mikuni, Pamco ignition, PMA charging system, 3.1 gallon aftermarket King Sportster tank. I rescued it from a junkyard last month in pitiful condition. The carbs were completely ruined, the frame was rusted through by battery acid, the bottom of the tank completely rusted out and the wires were fried. But it wasn't stuck and had great compression, so I brought it back to life.

Attachments

• 94.JPG
    94.JPG
    275.8 KB · Views: 229
  • 95.jpg
    95.jpg
    113.3 KB · Views: 225
  • 96.jpg
    96.jpg
    114.8 KB · Views: 231
  • 97.jpg
    97.jpg