1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Hey Facebook people... We've created a group for XS650.com members to connect. Check it out!
    Dismiss Notice

Chicago burbs first build assembly

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by epic_garage, Feb 22, 2012.

Tags:
  1. epic_garage

epic_garage XS650 Enthusiast

Chicago burbs first build assembly :UPDATE w/pics

Hey guys, getting ready to start assembly on my build... anyone that's in the area and wants to help/just hang let me know... Should be starting Saturday, our shop is in Sugar Grove.

thanks

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 2, 2012
  2. kvanderploeg

kvanderploeg The Dutch Terror

Welcome from Minooka, IL! Keep us posted with the pics!

Kent

3. lukach4

lukach4 XS650 Addict

Nice to see more locals..Where is the shop at.....

4. epic_garage

EPIC Garage
    720 Heartland Dr
    Sugar Grove, IL

5. Unfocused

Unfocused I Love Boobies

Lots of pics please. What is your plan on the style?

6. C WiLL

C WiLL XS650 Member

Hey Epic Garage, Im from Plainfield and looking to build a bobber but dont have space/tools to do it. Would you want to build a bike for me? I could also help on the weekends. Im looking to build something simple but classic bobber. XS650 frame and motor are fine with me because they are cheap and run forever. I have a couple pictures of style i like. Please email me and let me know if this is something you would be interested in doing.
    imchristopherwilliams@gmail.com

Thanks,
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

7. justin

justin XS Monger

Epic garage, small world. I was just looking into renting the last building you were in on 25. (right by my house) You guys doing bikes now? I did car audio for 10 years before getting on the bike kick. I would like to get out there and see what you guys are up to sometime. Need any help let me know. Ive got a 7 foot by 4 foot powder coating oven as well if you need some powder on that XS. Heres a couple of my last 650's..

[​IMG]

Build thread

[​IMG]

More pics

8. lukach4

lukach4 XS650 Addict

I smell a meet up at the shop in early spring....... BBQ, Bikes, and stories...Just an idea..

9. I like that idea !!!!

10. lukach4

lukach4 XS650 Addict

Hey your right down the road from me... are you building now?

11. Gotta put in my PMA (going batteryless), fork seals and some other minor details....Kinda hard when I have no lift and the garage is not heated......

12. epic_garage

i knew there were some of you guys in the area, but did not realize some were in my backyard...awesome.:thumbsup:

We are not building bikes, this is my personal build. the shop still does Wiring for customs and classics and interior/audio fab.

Im down for a meet in the spring time... Bike will be put together for World of Wheels this weekend.

If anyone wants to help, I have no clue what im doing here :laugh:

Started the wiring, just waiting on tins to come back from paint, and some final touches...

hopeful she will start:shrug:

13. justin

justin XS Monger

If you run into any issues let me know, ill swing by and help out. I know the XS inside and out. You buy the beer :D

14. epic_garage

Justin, doing anything tonight?:thumbsup: PM with my contact info...

15. epic_garage

Well shes together... still need to tweak a few things, but enjoy the visual....

16. wbraun83

wbraun83 XS650 New Member

Just put together my 1st 81 xs650 rat bobber love to meet up with like minded builders. I live in w. Chicago. Can i meet up with you guys? When and were? Look up my site. Wayne

17. good2bsims

good2bsims XS650 Enthusiast

What's that electronics barrel made out of?

18. atomic22

atomic22 XS650 Addict

Looks like a heni barrel.

What is the truck in the background. Cool bike BTW.