Chrysler reg rectifyer

Capt_Zoom

Raider Rider/xs newbie
Reaction score
can anyone answer this for me:
1. Can the Chrysler/radio shack reg/rec work with TCI ignition?
2. Can anyone direct me to the thread giving the part #s and instructions for building the Chrysler/Radio Shack reg/rec?

Thanks

Posted via Mobile

Anybody know if the regulators will heat up? Do you think it would be OK to paint it black?

Posted via Mobile

Also do you think a computer style heat sink would work better than just an aluminium plate? Radio shack has alum heat sinks for $2-4.

Last edited:
I used computer heat sinks on mine. A little overkill on the size I chose, but they look awesome. I have about 2600 miles on mine with no problems.

Here's some pics of the heat sinks and the electrical case that I built with openings to allow airflow.

Attachments

• DSCI0212.JPG
    DSCI0212.JPG
    157.6 KB · Views: 102
  • DSCI0213.JPG
    DSCI0213.JPG
    158.1 KB · Views: 91
  • box 1.JPG
    box 1.JPG
    112.7 KB · Views: 107
regulators don't heat that much it's the rectifier that has the resistance. black paint should be no problem.

If I could jump in, When making this mod on the earlier models, I would need to purchase the nylon screws for the stator brushes. My question is, can I find those locally at a True Value, Checkers, Auto Zone, Napa, etc. or do I need to buy them from Pamco Pete. I have no problem doing so, but I have all other parts and wanted to complete my project tonight if possible.
thanks,
Nick

BobberNick;

To add to what bloodthirstysystem said, there are several regulators that work just fine with 1970 to 79 bikes. No nylon screws required.

Standard VR-115
Wells manufacturing VR 727
GP Sorensen R292
Carquest #86079

These are for American motors 1971 to 74 Ambassador/Jevelin/Hornet/Gremlin and Jeeps 72 to 75.

Back