Clutch Adjustment

maximusrising

XS650 Enthusiast
XS650.com Supporter
Reaction score
After an oil change which took forever (ordered yamalube which took two and half weeks because shipment one got damaged)
And a clutch adjustment. Both intending to reduce some pretty bad slipping I took a spin tonight. It shifts good and I do believe the OEM oil helps the slip a lot. However in first, clutch all the way in, she creeps a little
so do I turn the screw out more or back in part of that quarter turn? My clutch is practically brand new. The discs metal discs and springs are all new.
Or is this tweak on the lever adjustment?
Thanks as always.
83 Heritage Special - stock.

Attachments

• C30AC7BD-71C9-4EB8-BBDA-BB55E8375768.jpeg
    C30AC7BD-71C9-4EB8-BBDA-BB55E8375768.jpeg
    299.1 KB · Views: 108
Or is this tweak on the lever adjustment?
My method...
Screw the perch adjuster all the way in and then back it out 1-1/2 to 2 turns. Then screw the worm adjuster in until I feel contact then back it off 1/8 to 1/4 turn. After that, fine tune it at the perch adjuster.
If you don't screw the perch adjuster in first, you can't get a good adjustment on the worm actuator.

My method...
Screw the perch adjuster all the way in and then back it out 1-1/2 to 2 turns. Then screw the worm adjuster in until I feel contact then back it off 1/8 to 1/4 turn. After that, fine tune it at the perch adjuster.
If you don't screw the perch adjuster in first, you can't get a good adjustment on the worm actuator.
Perch as in Barrel adjuster on the lever? :)

Back