Clutch basket nut and clutch springs

Mikey

got muscles in his head that ain't never been used
Top Contributor
XS650.com Supporter
Reaction score
The socket fairy stole a socket from
It had to :cussing: I sure as hell didn't lose it (ok I'm losing it grrrrr)
Is the nut that holds the clutch basket a 39mm
Edit a 29mm ?? Its off a 75

Last edited:
The socket fairy stole a socket from
It had to :cussing: I sure as hell didn't lose it (ok I'm losing it grrrrr)
Is the nut that holds the clutch basket a 39mm
Edit a 29mm ?? Its off a 75
Went to HF they don't sell individual sockets that size
Went to Northern tool they had a 29mm but in 3/4 drive BUT they had an adapter that went from 3/4 down to 1/2 drive
I put the 29mm on and it seems just ever so slightly loose must be par for the course :umm: (it's a 6 point impact)
And one of these days I'll dig a little better in the shop and I'll have 2 29mm sockets or my grand son will inherit it if he finds it :shrug:
But it's Beer 30 and time to make some stir fry fried rice and egg rolls

But it's Beer 30 and time to make some stir fry fried rice and egg rolls

615B9E8A-F5D6-4865-B03C-9E5F6E46114E.png Mmmmmm!

Got a pic of your clutch basket holding device? (curious)

I'll try an get one later today

I hold my clutch basket with a couple grease rags to protect my hand. I the loosen the nut with my rattle gun. They spin right of. o speialtool needed.
Leo
I bought a HF electric impact and it worked great
Beats trying to wrench it off with a breaker bar

HF electric impact and it worked great
Beats trying to wrench it off with a breaker bar
Ya... takes 3 hands this way using a impact driver, but you guys got me out here again. I want it off..plan is now chug coffee, stuff something, hit it :)
BTW , mine is a 1&1/16th six point lol
20210226_060828.jpg

Yes, unbent that lock tab first. Note, suggestuon, upon removing the clutch basket and all the corresponding washers, bearing, and bushing. Immediately look o_O at the wear patterns to see how they all fit to each other in sequence. Then tie them in that sequence for the reassembly in the future.
20210226_065540.jpg

Yes, unbent that lock tab first. Note, suggestuon, upon removing the clutch basket and all the corresponding washers, bearing, and bushing. Immediately look o_O at the wear patterns to see how they all fit to each other in sequence. Then tie them in that sequence for the reassembly in the future.
View attachment 185650
Mine doesn't have it ? I guess I need to hunt one down
This a picture off the internet

Attachments

• clutch basket nut.jpg
    clutch basket nut.jpg
    6.4 KB · Views: 87
Your earlier model doesn't use that tabbed lock washer, just a normal split one or a Belleville type.

Your earlier model doesn't use that tabbed lock washer, just a normal split one or a Belleville type.
Split one I might even have, or could get one easy
I didn't want to spend something Like $10 plush shipping
Thanks Now I can finish that job

Carefully examine the washers you took off. The Belleville type isn't dished very much, but it is. You may have it already.

Carefully examine the washers you took off. The Belleville type isn't dished very much, but it is. You may have it already.
I was wondering what a Belleville washer was
Maybe I have it ?

Back