Clutch Cable Question??

xscessivecompulsive

Live 2 Ride, Ride 2 Live
Reaction score
Hey guys, so I just went to replace my clutch cable (previous one broke)! With a new one from 650 central that was supposed to be a little shorter in length! Problem is the adjuster screw up at the handlebars is to short to get proper adjustment! I can back that bolt out all the way to where theres only a thread or two in there and it still isnt enough!! Anyone else had that problem or does anyone know a solution that Im just not seing!!

Thanks in advance,

XSC

Do the majority of your adjusting 1st down at the worm gear (with the handlebar adjuster screwed all the way IN). Then finish with the bar adjuster.

Ok 5twins, never tried adjusting that yet as I figured if I was just replacing the cable I might be able to get away without doing it at the worm gear!! Guess I was wrong!!

Thanks,

XsC

Make sure the ball bearing didn't fall out of the cam housing. My guess anyways.

Oh yes, that pesky worm gear ball, I forgot about that, lol.

I have a question- The new clutch cable I bought from Motion Pro did not come with the adjusting screw or slotted bolt. The original is rusted to the old cable. Are those parts supposed to be purchased separately? Mikesxs charges some high shipping, what other companies sell parts?

JC Whitney, Dennis Kirk, and Chapparal come to mind for generalized parts like that. Motion pro sells perches direct too.

Back