Clutch spring bolt Mod

Hi Viking,
you can add to your "getting better on the lathe" exercise by expanding it to include "getting better with my caliper"
The inner dimensions of the adapter sleeve will match the Allen bolt you will be using.
The outer dimensions will match the large end of the special crosspoint fastener you are replacing.

Haha
Thank you, problem is that the bike and the bolts i will be replacing dont live the same place I do atm. That is why I ask for measurements:wink2:

Haha
Thank you, problem is that the bike and the bolts i will be replacing dont live the same place I do atm. That is why I ask for measurements:wink2:

Hi Viking,
you coulda said that in your first post, eh?
Then rather than getting on your case I could have said, "sorry, no, I don't have one of those available to measure; is there anyone out there who has one handy and could post it's measurements?"

large end diameter .714/ 17.05 mm
large end length .488 / 12.42 mm
small diameter .410 / 10.42 mm
small end length .847 / 21.52 mm

total length 1.337 / 33.96

countersunk depth .246 / 6.22 mm
countersunk diameter .442 / 11.22 mm

bolt shank hole .237 / 6.03 mm

If you want pics, just ask.

Last edited:
Oh Fred....you're just pissed he clipped off your nuts when you tried to be a dick about it to him.

Hi solo,
judging others by yourself again, eh?
I thought his reply was witty and polite, especially as I presume he was writing in his second language.
And my reply did elicit a response from someone who knew the dimensions.
So all is good.
Except it's minus 40º here right now.

Hi solo,
the thought comes from the brain but it's expression in another language ain't always perfect.
Like the English proverb "out of sight, out of mind" being auto-translated into the Russian "Invisible idiot"
Meanwhile it's warmed up to where there is a difference between ºF and ºC.
It's now -14ºC. OTOH, there's 6cm of new snow on my driveway. Alas, it's time to fire up the snowblower's mighty Tecumseh again.

IMG_2466.jpg

here it is

You knocked that out quick. When you get a chance compare the small end length to your stock bolts to double check me.

Back