Collective Soul- "post wrenching" Rock

Saggs

XS650 Enthusiast
Reaction score
I always seem to cue up my Collective Soul CD when I'm done wrenching and relaxing with a beer or three. I love track 7, I beleive the song name is "Gel". The guitarist has a great riff going in that tune. I love the whole album! I'm 48 and I think about what my dad was listening to when I was 16? I doubt it was Lou Reed or the Sex Pistols:thumbsup: I finally got my 73 running and road worthy, took it for a 5mile run completely unregistered, uninspected, and uninsured. I felt like a teenager again:)

I will try to check out that song if I can find it on youtube. But I find more and more I can't stand anything except the simplest acoustic tunes.

I have been unregistered and uninspected for the last five months. With a 30mi daily commute. Brother finally registered me where he lives, cost about $25. Saved me several hundred and a bunch of headaches. Did have insurance though. But rarely did back when the insurance industry didn't wield so much influence in the halls of power....

I hear ya on the cost of everything today! I was waiting to get it roadworthy b4 I dished out the cash to get it registered. Here in VT it's $45 for annual registration, no title needed and $120/ yr for liability. Not too bad compared to other places.

I don't own any Collective Soul, but I like the sound. I'm usually an early AC/DC fan in the garage, but W.A.S.P. gets air time!

I seem to be younger than most forum dwellers, so common ground on tunes is tough. I like almost any blues based rock, and anything with a guitar that is no cousin fu%&#in' music. Country pretty much died 20 years ago or more. Not that I listen to a lot of it, but the modern stuff is commercial as hell, just like pop.

I kindof find that Collective Soul sounds alot like a modern day AC DC. They both have that driving bass and a great guitar. Some Dead or Steely Dan is always productive for me when I'm working on bikes or Bugs:)

Well except for Bon of course, nothing beats those early beats! I've got a bit of Blondie going on at the mo, which is attacking the senses :thumbsup:

Posted via Mobile

I kindof find that Collective Soul sounds alot like a modern day AC DC. They both have that driving bass and a great guitar. Some Dead or Steely Dan is always productive for me when I'm working on bikes or Bugs:)

Did you say "bugs"...I love bugs. A dune buggy in the garage (long term project) and a super out back (probably even longer project)....may not live to see em done.
Now i want a volksrod.....

Sorry bout the hijack.....as you were....

Oh and I listen to most everything...Collective Soul is cool....

Kev.

Yah Bugs, I have a 56 ragtop I'm hoping to finish up this summer, after 5 years. Not a Single bolt was left untouched on the damn thing:eek: I've got a type 4 914 motor converted to upright use w/ dual webers on it and discs up front. All stock other than that. I also have 67 camper I bought back in 86 when I got out of college. I got some vw parts from a great guy down in deleware on my way to see my folks in Hurlock, MD. I think the guys name started with an "R" ? Right on the main drag at a T intersection I think? Not much decent metal left up here in rusty VT.

Attachments

• 73 XS 650 004.jpg
    73 XS 650 004.jpg
    135.6 KB · Views: 74
Back