Comin in hot outta Duluth. Recommendations?

queenslegs

XS650 Addict
Reaction score
Taylor and I are out of Thunder Bay and into the land of the free, home of the brave, on Aug. 9 We were planning on following the lake since we really don't know any better. We do want to be on the Badger ferry sailing across Lake Michigan 2pm Aug. 11. (What can I say, we like boats?) Recommendations of roads/things to see. We don't have to follow the lake if there is a better path. It'd be cool to get down to see the boneyard in Baraboo. I am in the market for some new circus clown shoes lol. That may be a little SW though. How far is that to Manitowoc? Time to sell your state cheeseheads! (Is that that an insult? hope not. Watched too many Packers games I guess.). Thanks all.
2017-07-09 09_37_24-Around Superior.jpg

Whatever happened to that female member who planned to circumnavigate the U.S.? She was big into sidecars. Your route looks like part of a circumnavigation and it reminded me of her.

North Shore of Lake Superior has some real nice views/parks. Split Rock Lighthouse seems to be everybody's favorite.
Boat tour of the Apostle Islands in Bayfield Wisconsin is also worth the time, and since y'all like boats...

Also, Duluth MN has the William A. Irvin and the Meteor ship tours. I've been in both, Meteor is cooler, just 'cuz it's older.

Also Also: Moose repellent.

Very interesting ride; I'm envious.
Lighthouses are a favorite; I seek them out wherever I go.
Have plans to build a miniature out of a tree trunk for the front yard....

Thanks all. Who'd a thunk it, prevailing wisdom says keep the lake on your right! So we're a going clockwise. That puts us in Sarnia late Fri night. Quick zip across from Syracuse dude.

Thanks all. Who'd a thunk it, prevailing wisdom says keep the lake on your right! So we're a going clockwise. That puts us in Sarnia late Fri night. Quick zip across from Syracuse dude.
Wish I was as mobile as I used to be in the 80's and 90's, when I frequented the Grand Rapids area to race the kart; I would meet you there. I remember going thru Sarnia.

However, it does seem inevitable that we will meet up at some point in the future !

Have a great trip !

Back