Complete Bobber Exhaust, $22.99

mrtwowheel

Honda Etched On Brain
Top Contributor
Reaction score
I'm in the process of getting my '74 TX650 ready for a TC Bros hardtail. After removing the extra long stock mufflers I notice that the stock headers are in very good shape. I scrounged around town for some exhaust tip turn downs (turn outs), the only things available are flimsy 2" ID. My stock headers are 1-9/16" OD. Then I found these on ebay http://www.ebay.com/itm/161507954469?_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT These are Jones Exhaust, Chrome Plated Exhaust Tip, JTD112, 1-9/16" inlet (perfect), 8-1/2" long. Price for two of these was $22.99. These should put the outlets at a good distance past my mid-controls and there should be room inside for some baffles, wedged or spot welded. Installing these tips now will allow me to fab up the pegs and foot controls before fitting the hardtail or removing the engine. I just really like the idea of getting some of the foot control stuff sorted out now.

Good reviews on these, people say they are heavy duty. Anyone gone down this same road?

Scott

Last edited:
I would be leery about a power loss without a correct amount of baffling. Jetting will come into play, and maybe you don't care about all that noise?

Hi beaky,
Mr2W forgets the $15.50 shipping cost which brings his bargain up to $38.49.
Mind you, the ad does say 16 gauge and that's thicker than most.
And hey, he's building a hardtail.
Power loss will not be a concern but noise is an essential part of the conversion.

Hi beaky,
Power loss will not be a concern but noise is an essential part of the conversion.

B.S. There is no shipping, See the add, NO SHIPPING, it's spelled just like that.

B.S. There is plenty of room to experiment with baffles and back pressure. Double wall stock headers too.

Go suck a lemon!!!

Facebook yesterday;
Fellow XS'r: "Gary you were right about those 17" mufflers"
My reply: "what? I can't hear you."

Fred; we call that a tax you have to pay for the joy of living where the sun don't shine 6 months of the year.

B.S. There is no shipping, See the add, NO SHIPPING, it's spelled just like that.

B.S. There is plenty of room to experiment with baffles and back pressure. Double wall stock headers too.

Go suck a lemon!!!

Hi Scott,
B.S. back atcha!
Noplace on the link you posted does it say NO SHIPPING.
What it does say is delivery by USPS $15.50
If you can get those parts delivered for free, good for you!
A lemon, eh?
Queeze into a tall glass, add a teaspoonful of ground ginger, an ounce of honey, a cupful of boiling water and an ounce of dark rum.
Stir, sip until gone, repeat as required.
It won't cure a cold but it'll ease the discomfort of having one.

Last edited:
how is it a complete exhaust? Those bends aren't very nice. betcha the chrome peels faster than a banana!

Fred; we call that a tax you have to pay for the joy of living where the sun don't shine 6 months of the year.

Hi Gary, you mistake our Saskatchewan climate.
The sun shines in the pale blue sky most winter days.
Between snowstorms, of course.
For the short time it's above the horizon.
We reckon it's Nature's version of a tease because the wind still howls down from the North and the temperature is still way below freezing.
Think of the wear and tear my bike don't get because it only gets ridden half the year.

how is it a complete exhaust? Those bends aren't very nice. betcha the chrome peels faster than a banana!

Looked up the same part by the same manufacturer with the same part number on Amazon and other sites, those bends look different depending on what site you go to. Wondering which bends I'll actually get. Jones exhaust offers the same size and lengths with "pencil tip" and "angle cut" (slash) ends. These should be a good fit on the '74-'77 headers. If they're too tight I can get a pipe expander from Autozone or O'riellys tool loan. I'm thinking Briggs and Stratton mufflers and maybe a baffle up into the header. Headers cleaned up real nice. Foot pegs are next, looking for some orphaned 1/4" steel plate and some 7/8" or 3/4", thick wall, tube.

Scott

Last edited:
Hi Scott,
B.S. back atcha!
A lemon, eh?
Queeze into a tall glass, add a teaspoonful of ground ginger, an ounce of honey, a cupful of boiling water and an ounce of dark rum.

Free shipping to anywhere in the USA (United States of America). $15.50 USPS to Canada, plus an additional surcharge to Toon Town.

Scott

mrtwowheel, Even with baffles the neighbors aren't going to be impressed with the XS650 next door. Jetting will be a hassle, at least the headers being original will help some what. Make sure the inner pipe is still welded to the outer.

Hi beaky,

Speaking to another poster about the original thread maker and criticizing his choices and calling him a lair is just plain rude.

Ebay shipping is $22.75 to Australia so may be i can call you out on false or misleading information...........or a lair..........But wait............. we are from different countries than the US so maybe ............Just maybe.................. it's free shipping in the States

Hi Scott,
B.S. back atcha!
A lemon, eh?

Ohhhhh Fred.....................

Ha, neighbors, I live on a lake, this is powersports heaven, dirt bikes, four wheelers, jet skis, boats, rafts, golf carts, mini bikes, snowmobiles, scooters, airplanes, ultralights, we keep the Sheriff busy. Believe me, no one will even notice one more motorcycle.

Scott

Back