Complete Pamco 277 Degree Rephase Ignition + Advance

NobudgetBuilder

XS650 Enthusiast
Reaction score
I recently purchased the complete Pamco 277 Degree Rephased ignition. I decided not to do the rephased afterall. Can I still use this on my bike if I i dont use the second coil that it comes with. I really hope i dont have to buy a different kit.

You will need the other pamco kit for the 360' crank, which fires both coils at once.
What you currently have in the 277' configuration is a "single fire" ignition - meaning the ignition fires each coil independently and at different timings to the standard setup. Post it for sale on the forum and order the required ignition from pamcopete directly, last time I checked it was around $100usd for the plate and rotor. PM him directly, he is a member if this forum, or his website here - http://www.yamahaxs650.com/

Nobudget....,

You need the standard rotor which is available from www.mikesxs.com Part #14-0703 for $34.95 and use the upper sensor. You will also need a dual output coil from Mikes as well. Either the 17-6903 or the 17-6822. Do not use the 17-6810.

Alternatively, you can sell the 277 on EBay and advertise it as new with factory 2 year warranty. (coils not covered by warranty)

Back