Converting a Mikini vm34 from left side to right side

gyraffoclops

XS650 Member
Reaction score
I've aqquired two Mikuni VM-34's but they are both leftys. Both have the idle adjusting screw coming out the left side. Is it possible to convert a lefty carb to a righty and have the idle adjuster screw come out the other side? MikesXS said it would be an easy conversion but it looks like I'd have to drill and tap a hole on the other side which I definitely don't want to do. Help please! and thanks

Its not that easy - a hole would need to be drilled & tapped & the slide modified to suit the new location of the idle screw or the install of the correct slide + slide guide pin relocation. - IMO just run 2 x leftys, lots of people doing it.

I run two rights on my XS.

Sudco at the time was out of lefts and I didn't feel like waiting. Not too big a deal, I just have to make idle adjustments w a long screwdriver.

i run two rights too
and use a long screw driver for adjustments as well
the only thing i did was put a lever action choke on the carb im using on the left side
as i had interference with my plunger choke gas filter and line (dual petcocks on a custom tank)

I run two rights on my XS.

Sudco at the time was out of lefts and I didn't feel like waiting. Not too big a deal, I just have to make idle adjustments w a long screwdriver.

Ah yes, I forgot to mention the mine are from 650central, he puts a pull up choke on the right carb.

Back