Cool Old Cars

robinc

Member of the 'yellow meter gang'
Top Contributor
Reaction score
Didn't know where to post this so thought I'd create a new thread.

56 Ford Thunderbird.jpg

56 Ford Thunderbird

1949 Kaiser Virginian.jpg

1949 Kaiser Virginian

1949 Oldsmobile 88.jpg

1949 Oldsmobile 88

1949 Pontiac Four Door.jpg

1949 Pontiac Four Door

1950 Studebaker Starlight.jpg

1959 Studebaker Starlight
1954 Mercury Sun Valley.jpg

1954 Mercury Sun Valley

1955 Oldsmobile Super 88 Two-Door Sedan.jpg

1955 Oldsmobile Super 88 Two Door Sedan

1956 Cadillac Series 62 Coupe de Ville.jpg

1956 Cadillac Series 62 Coupe de Ville

1956 Chevrolet Bel Air Convertible.jpg

1956 Chevrolet Bel Air Convertible

1956 Ford Fairlane Victoria.jpg

1956 Ford Fairlane Victoria

1957 Buick Roadmaster 2 Door Hardtop.jpg

1957 Buick Roadmaster 2 Door Hardtop

1957 Cadillac Eldorado Biarritz.jpg

1957 Cadillac Eldorado Biarritz

1957 Chevrolet Bel Air Convertible.jpg

1957 Chevrolet Bel Air Convertible

1957 Dodge Royal Lancer.jpg

1957 Dodge Royal Lancer

1957 Lincoln Premiere four-door Landau.jpg

1957 Lincoln Premiers four-door Landau

1957 Lincoln Premiere.jpg

1957 Lincoln Premiere

1957 Mercury Turnpike Cruiser.jpg

1957 Mercury Turnpike Cruiser

1958 Cadillac Fleetwood Sixty Special.jpg

1958 Cadillac Fleetwood Sixty Special

1958 Cadillac Series 62 Sedan.jpg

1958 Cadillac Series 62 Sedan

1958 De Soto.jpg

1958 De Soto

1958 Dodge Custom Sierra.jpg

1958 Dodge Custom Sierra

Last edited:
I don't see the pics. And I agree on the sentiment. Goes for motorcycles too!

OK I see them now. Sayyyy, thems some nice automobiles there. Too classy to call them "cars"....

Last edited:
Huh azman. I just checked the post and the pics show for me. But maybe that's because it's on my computer? Need a 12 year old to get involved here. If someone else has the same issue i'll edit and repost....man.

Thanks for the heads up.

Huh azman. I just checked the post and the pics show for me. But maybe that's because it's on my computer? Need a 12 year old to get involved here. If someone else has the same issue i'll edit and repost....man.

Thanks for the heads up.
Yup, you can usually count on a 12 year old these days on these matters:)
The pics don't show up for me, either, even when I click on them............

OK. Thanks Dude. Will have to do it the hard way........sigh. Tried to just copy and paste.. Be back in awhile....lol.

Hope you get it figured out. I'm dyeing to see the T Birds;)

Just about to edit Jim. Gotta do it the hard way.......man!!!!!!

It's cool robinc... I recently replaced my 2yr old phone with a new one . Same make, but bigger and "better". Took me hours of 2 days to get it to download the pics to the computer so I can post them up here! My 18yo daughter moved 18 months ago.

Hopefully pics are here now....will move onto next post........sigh!

Man, glad it worked!
I know there are some stories about some of these old beauts. Let's hear them guys!

Back during my High School yrs of the mid 70's, there was a Studebaker Skyline at a house near the my HS. About that same time my Uncle was driving a some late 40's or early 50's tubby Chrysler with big chrome grill in a square checkered pattern.Seen a few of these cars at a local 50's diner on display during car shows they host. Every condition from restored to barn find crusty. Modified from stock from new paint and chrome to "OH crap" or WOW!

I had a 57 Crown Vic... hardtop convertible. I spent more getting the top to work than I paid for the car. One day I got off work and there was a guy leanin' up against it in the parking lot. He offered me a stupid amount of cash .... and I took it.:(

When I was a wee one, mom had a red and white 57 Chevy she called her 'ladybug'. I think I remember Dad saying it threw a rod so he got rid of it....sigh.

Years later in high school I was out criuizin' country roads in my 69 Beaumont and somehow ended up in a ditch? Bad road?
The friendly farmer who pulled me out of the ditch with his tractor said "Looks like you like cars. I've got two 57 Chevys in my barn you can have for $500. There's enough there to restore one or hot rod them both." I went home pretty excited until I discussed this with my father. Nother sigh.

I love old cars Robin,
Barrett - Jackson as well as two other big auto auctions come to Scottsdale Az every winter. I have attended a bunch of them, they are sooo cool! They are like the BEST car show you've ever been to. All the cars are on display and usually the owners are nearby and eager to talk about and show you their cars.
When I was young and working in a fleet garage for a big lumber company, the owner of the company bought TWO!! 1956 Cadillac convertibles that he wanted to make one really good car out of. I was assigned to pulling off all of the parts from the donor car that he wanted. The whole front facia, bumper and grill. That front bumper with those bullet noses weighed a ton! And the tube type radio was the size of a small suitcase, getting it out from under the dash was a nightmare! But it sounded amazing!
My older brother had a 1956 Chevy Belaire , black and white and hot rodded. It was straight out of American Graffiti! Man I loved that car!
image.jpeg

Vietnam came between him and that car.
As for me, when I as young, I had a Copper color 1967 Mustang.
image.jpeg

Going to high school in the early 70's was such a cool time. By that time the muscle cars of the mid to late 60's were starting to show up on car lots as used cars and they were unbelievably affordable. My high school parking lot had Camaro's, Roadrunners, GTO's, Mach 1's, Chevy Novas with tunnel Rams sticking up through the hood. My best friend in high school had a 69 Camaro Z28 with this huge tunnel ram intake, dual carbs, and he was running a huge set of wrinkle wall slicks. It was a crazy time to be a kid.

Nice stang Bob. If we had only thought to take pictures of our high school parking lots.
You are so right. We could all write pages about the cars our high school buddies had and the stories around them.

I think of the Mach 1 one friend had. His dad owned a car dealership in town so he got a free engine rebuild. SCARY!

And the sleeper, leopard skin vinyl roof, baby blue coloured Dodge with a police interceptor engine another bud had.

Fun times indeed. and then there were the burn out contests in the back of the school parking lot. Bleach or beer?

Maybe it's my German blood but I've been a VW guy all my life. Mom had a early '67 beetle. Some say that it the ultimate year to own. I bought a '59 Beetle and rebuilt it's engine, the mighty 36 hp. Then there was the '64 Type 3 Notchback. Rebuilt that engine too. Drove my oldest sisters later 60's Opel Kadette Rally for a while. Later drove Dad's '68 Chevy Corvair. That Flat 6 110hp engine flew on the highway! The 48 Nash wagon was the earliest car I can recall. That and Dad's '59 Fiat 600 with the ragtop sunroof.

Back