1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Hey Facebook people... We've created a group for XS650.com members to connect. Check it out!
    Dismiss Notice

Corona Virus COVID-19

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by gggGary, Feb 28, 2020.

1. Mailman

Mailman Hardly a Guru Top Contributor

Phoenix Postmaster, Humberto “ Junior Trujillo died of Covid. He was 61.
    1F039BA9-8273-4334-9D93-F7E6534B258E.jpeg
    Early in my career in the post office I was an automation supervisor at the big mail sorting plant in downtown Phoenix, at the time it was the only mail sorting facility in the State of Arizona, it is a very large operation, we worked the graveyard shift . For a couple years Junior worked for me as a mail handler, that guy was a force of nature. Big and built like football player, he was Charlie Hustle. When he worked for me, he had only been working for the post office for a short time, like me he came from a construction background, a brick layer who coincidentally helped build the very building we worked in.
    He worked his way up into management and we worked together for a couple years before I moved on.
    Junior exemplified the American dream, he grew up poor, he lived in the projects with his single Mom, just a few miles away from building we worked in. He played football, basketball and softball in jr. college and continued coaching kids for decades. Becoming THE postmaster of all of Phoenix is no small feat, it wasn’t one office, Phoenix has 20 offices and he was over all of them and all that entails. He was the first Hispanic postmaster in Arizona.
    Junior had a lot of friends and family, who couldn’t be with him at the end. He died alone on a ventilator. A shitty end to his story. I don’t want to try and make it seem that we were close, I hadn’t seen him in decades, but I did know him well, once upon a time and I always admired his success story. It took this damned virus to bring him down.
    Vaya Con Dios Junior,

2. Boog

Boog Traveling Stroyteller

That is a great way to honor a fellow like Junior. AZ has lost a good man it seems.

MaxPete, Jim, buzzword and 1 other person like this.
  3. kshansen

kshansen XS650 Junkie Top Contributor

Sad ending to an amazing life and then there are still people who try to make it seem like the only people who are at risk are those with problems that were going to kill them in a short time!

And just tonight I saw a Congressman who has tested positive saying he got it because he was forced to cover his face in public!

MaxPete, GLJ, Jim and 1 other person like this.
  4. buzzword

buzzword XS650 Addict

[QUOTE="kshansen, post: 656430, member: 403"

And just tonight I saw a Congressman who has tested positive saying he got it because he was forced to cover his face in public![/QUOTE]

[​IMG]

MaxPete, GLJ, Jim and 1 other person like this.
  5. Grimly

Grimly XS650 Addict

Ireland
    Perhaps he'd have been happier to be infected with some freedom-loving virii from an unmasked source to unmasked recipient.

MaxPete, buzzword and Jim like this.
  6. jetmechmarty

jetmechmarty XS650 Guru XS650.com Supporter Top Contributor

Two weeks have passed since I got exposed. I remain healthy. Wife too. Then again, I wonder how many times I was exposed and didn't know it.

MaxPete, Wulfbyte, lakeview and 3 others like this.
  7. MaxPete

MaxPete Lucille, Betty & Demi - I suggest but THEY decide. XS650.com Supporter Top Contributor

Thanks for sharing Junior’s story Bob - he must have been quite a guy.

This dreadful thing has claimed so many good people all over.

Mailman, Hightower-Ash98 and GLJ like this.