1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Hey Facebook people... We've created a group for XS650.com members to connect. Check it out!
    Dismiss Notice

Corona Virus COVID-19

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by gggGary, Feb 28, 2020.

1. GLJ

GLJ Never go faster than your guardian angle can fly. Top Contributor

I have a extra cat if you need one. He's a good cat, honest!:)

2. Mailman

Mailman Hardly a Guru Top Contributor

Wow Mike, I’m sorry to hear about your brother. Wishing him all the best. The last 8 months they’ve learned a lot about treatments, so hopefully this will help your brother.

Paul Sutton, gggGary, GLJ and 2 others like this.
  3. lakeview

lakeview XS650 Guru XS650.com Supporter Top Contributor

20201120_110025-1.jpg
    Intrusive Over-Regulation or Common Sense?
    20201120_110032.jpg
    Flu Shot Rules

Went to my pharmacy today for annual flu shot. Hope it works!
    Lots of rules, though. Hard to take for my inner rebel lol.
    Now off to Home Depot where men are men!

4. Greyandridin

Greyandridin Got nothing to do and all day to do it XS650.com Supporter Top Contributor

It's a kind gesture but no for right now
    Good cat? I don't know about cats being all that good

MaxPete, Paul Sutton, gggGary and 2 others like this.
  5. Greyandridin

Greyandridin Got nothing to do and all day to do it XS650.com Supporter Top Contributor

"where men are men"
    And sheep run scared (I think that's a Montana joke)

MaxPete, Paul Sutton, gggGary and 2 others like this.
  6. Greyandridin

No news is good news

Paul Sutton, GLJ and Mailman like this.
  7. Paul Sutton

Paul Sutton Still Looking Good Top Contributor

The UK rumor is that Christmas with all its negative Covid implications will be immediately followed by a lockdown to settle things back down. I heard this from some 14 year olds, so probably true.

FLEA, Greyandridin, Mailman and 2 others like this.
  8. GLJ

COVID getting much worse where I live. A few weeks ago we had 4 people in hospital with COVID, week before then 1. Now we have 17. ICU is full with COVID patients several on ventilators. Hospital running out of beds. Hospital is not as big as I thought. They said they are adding capacity but if the number of patients keeps increasing at the current rate they will have to start shipping people to other hospitals. They also said their problem is not unique for northern Illinois.
    The Governor finally figured out how to get most of the bars to close. No enforcement needed. He had the gaming machines shut down.
    The USA looks like a COVID bomb went off in the upper midwest.
    upload_2020-11-20_14-33-45.png

Attached Files:

MaxPete, Grimly, Mailman and 3 others like this.
  9. xjwmx

xjwmx It's just the unknown. Top Contributor

U.S.A.
    It sounds like my youngest brother, incl. the age, bachelordom, and new puppy, of all things. He tested negative on one of quick tests (which has a high rate of false negatives). He was confused and throwing up for a week but reports are he's improving. We are treating him as if he was positive. He is in poor heath to start with, in covid terms just about every pre-existing condition you can imagine. Don't know what he has or had but it's pretty strange or coincidental

Paul Sutton and Greyandridin like this.
  10. GLJ

Whether he has COVID or not I hope he gets better. I lost my older brother 4 1/2 years ago. I still think of him often and miss him more as time has gone on.

11. Greyandridin

I hear you
    I lost an older brother 3 years ago
    The sad thing is as we get older that's just gonna happen more frequently

MaxPete, Jim and GLJ like this.
  12. GLJ

The only thing that sucks worse than getting old is not getting any older.
    Ride like there is no tomorrow because there might not be!

Jim, MaxPete, lakeview and 4 others like this.
  13. MaxPete

MaxPete Lucille, Betty & Demi - I suggest but THEY decide. XS650.com Supporter Top Contributor

14. MaxPete

MaxPete Lucille, Betty & Demi - I suggest but THEY decide. XS650.com Supporter Top Contributor

I know that COVID19 is not funny, but I must admit that I do have a morbid fear of needles and so I sure hope that with all this talk of vaccinations, the nurses and doctors will be gentle....and competent.
    F1A8FA4E-59D3-4024-A602-A9E7B065F762.jpeg

15. GLJ

16. MaxPete

Yup, this - as is the case with most science and engineering topics - is not simple.

As for me, I intend to be part of the solution and not part of the problem when the time comes.
    402C0418-02F5-4A47-8C85-4B7B377081B8.jpeg

17. Paul Sutton

My interpretation: You can take 95% efficacy as a strong indicator of hope. But it does not mean 95% efficacy makes the Pfizer vaccine superior to the Russian vaccine at 90% efficacy because the two clinical populations will not be identical. But both vaccines are giving us hope of a resolution as are a couple of other vaccines in the development phase.

gggGary, FLEA, Jim and 4 others like this.
  18. MaxPete

....but wouldn’t that analysis presume that the Russians were telling the truth about the performance of their vaccine?

Well, of course they were.
    Sorry for raising any doubts.

Last edited: Nov 22, 2020
  19. Paul Sutton

It also assumes Pfizer is telling the truth. Truth would be a characteristic of the clinical trial population. It still gives us hope whether true or not. The field trials will confirm ultimately.

Side Note: I have to self-isolate for 14 days because someone, not a 20 something blonde with a full tan, at work caught Covid-19 and claimed they were within 1 meter of me for more than 1 minute. Now I am frantically trying to work out what projects I can get going. Maybe the bike needs an oil change but what oil should I use?...:umm:

... :laughing:

20. 650Skull

650Skull SSSSSSSSSlither Top Contributor

So your saying this
    how tequila works.jpg

And you lasted a whole minute .................Respect

Boog, Greyandridin, MaxPete and 4 others like this.