1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Hey Facebook people... We've created a group for XS650.com members to connect. Check it out!
    Dismiss Notice

Corona Virus COVID-19

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by gggGary, Feb 28, 2020.

1. FLEA

FLEA XS650 Junkie

lol .. the roofer fixing my roof turned up the other day on a honda 1300 fury wearing shorts thongs and a shirt , could belive it .. and wasnt a young bloke either (almost my age) was calling in on way to atherton ( 20kls away) ... thought only young blokes still did that .. was waiting for him to pull a bottle of beer from under his shirt ... lol

MaxPete, Greyandridin and gggGary like this.
  2. gggGary

gggGary I'm listening, change my mind XS650.com Supporter Top Contributor

Darwin's law never claimed it was about the individual.

lakeview, Machine and MaxPete like this.
  3. xjwmx

xjwmx It's just the unknown. Top Contributor

U.S.A.
    I think it's likely they truly thought masks were unnecessary. Understating the problem would have been creating a problem they needed the very PPE for. Also, it turns out a common rag around your face is "good enough" for regular folks. Plus I'm sure they have the power to confiscate all the PPE sitting in warehouses. Get the big chains on board. Might be quite easy to intercept the pipeline at the very top . Emphasize to the public how it's needed by frontliners exposed all day...

Last edited: Jan 12, 2021
  4. jetmechmarty

jetmechmarty What should I put here? XS650.com Supporter Top Contributor

It's good enough for show while walking around the Walmart, but the rag or neck gaiter is unacceptable to my employer.

gggGary and Machine like this.
  5. Machine

Machine Race the wind Top Contributor

And that rag on your face passes inspection? This is another obvious point I have brought up before. See I actually do buy and use clean disposable masks.
    Many people here at work and everywhere else are repeadately wearing the same old dirty rag on their face. How is that suppose to be free of germs? Absolutely ridiculous.
    20210112_083945.jpg

Paul Sutton and gggGary like this.
  6. xjwmx

U.S.A.
    That's because he knows better and his livelihood is at stake. You have to wonder how much better regular surgical masks are than a t-shirt pulled up over you nose, though. Very similar kind of leakage

7. xjwmx

U.S.A.
    When there was a shortage, I wondered why they couldn't just dip them in alcohol every quitting time and wear them as long as they lasted

Machine likes this.
  8. xjwmx

U.S.A.
    Latest guidance includes 65+, so a lot of you guys can get vaccinated now.

Greyandridin and gggGary like this.
  9. MaxPete

MaxPete Lucille, Betty, Demi & Gretel: I ask, THEY decide. XS650.com Supporter Top Contributor

10. jetmechmarty

There is strong evidence that cod liver oil may help prevent the disease. I think the evidence is coming out of Norway and at least one study is being conducted. OTOH, cod liver oil is good for you anyway. Flat ginger ale, probably not so much.

Paul Sutton, gggGary and MaxPete like this.
  11. gggGary

gggGary I'm listening, change my mind XS650.com Supporter Top Contributor

I'd call this a must read.
    https://mailchi.mp/theflipside/your...n-the-bright-side-corgi-giraffes?e=9ec2545e58
    How is your state doing? Call your local representative and raise holy hell about getting vaccinations done. Tell em to use existing medical infrastructure hospitals, clinics, doctors offices, pharmacies, even the7-11 and DO IT. Cut the red tape and get it done! Demand daily accounting of how many doses the state has gotten and how many have been administered.
    Wisconsin's record, updated daily your state should have the same available.
    https://www.dhs.wisconsin.gov/covid-19/vaccine-data.htm#day
    Sign up for the Flipside daily emails, it's the best, balanced reporting of national issues I know of.

Last edited: Jan 13, 2021
    Greyandridin and MaxPete like this.
  12. MaxPete

MaxPete Lucille, Betty, Demi & Gretel: I ask, THEY decide. XS650.com Supporter Top Contributor

Yup - we are having a similar slow and inefficient roll-out here too. Very frustrating.

I can report however that the Windsor-Essex region has fully vaccinated all residents of long-term care homes so that looks after the most vulnerable population at least.

13. Raymond

Raymond XS650 rider & fettler XS650.com Supporter Top Contributor

UK has vaccinated 2.3 million people so far. Up to yesterday.The priorities are over-80 year-olds, residents & staff of care homes and front-line NHS staff. Still not clear but I believe the next priority will be over-70s and other groups of high-risk workers such as Police, transport, teachers, maybe retail workers. Not too sure. But ain't holding me breath . . .

Haven't heard the details yet but I think the Scottish Government has announced further tightening of lock-down restrictions.

Paul Sutton, MaxPete and Greyandridin like this.
  14. MaxPete

Yes - Ontario locked down yesterday in the face of very sharply increasing case numbers and deaths.

I think about 149 deaths yesterday alone (14.6M population) - not too bad in the context of some countries but a very large increase for here based on the last 10 months of the pandemic.

gggGary likes this.
  15. xjwmx

U.S.A.
    Snuck into the latest covid relief bill is the govt. must reveal everything it knows about UFOs in 180 days.

16. Machine

Machine Race the wind Top Contributor

That's cool, I'm sure those UFO and space findings will also be released in a very accurate perspective.
    Covid was seen in a galaxy far away many years ago.
    giphy.gif

17. xjwmx

U.S.A.
    gggGary likes this.
  18. jetmechmarty

I learned this morning that FedEx has delivered 27 million vaccinations to municipalities, translating to 9 million shots in arms.

gggGary, Greyandridin and MaxPete like this.
  19. jetmechmarty

U.S. totals 27,696,150 doses distributed, 9,944,045 administered, 35.9% shots used

Last edited: Jan 13, 2021
    gggGary, MaxPete and Greyandridin like this.
  20. Paul Sutton

Paul Sutton Still Looking Good Top Contributor

I am guessing one of those vaccine boxes has a picture of an 8" bench grinder on the outside.