1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Hey Facebook people... We've created a group for XS650.com members to connect. Check it out!
    Dismiss Notice

Corona Virus COVID-19

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by gggGary, Feb 28, 2020.

1. YamadudeXS650C

YamadudeXS650C Central New York XS650 XS650.com Supporter Top Contributor

Damn, I need a haircut.
    The shops are all closed, of course.
    My neighbor suggested that I go back to being a longhair.
    A curious idea, I must admit.

....but it was difficult to manage, always having to put it up in a ponytail for the ride.
    And I'd probably have to extend the front end on one of the bikes.....

born to run.small.jpg

2. Mailman

Mailman Hardly a Guru Top Contributor

Maybe it’s time to dust off your Triumph and let your freak flag fly brother! :rock:

MaxPete, Goldenboy, GLJ and 3 others like this.
  3. YamadudeXS650C

YamadudeXS650C Central New York XS650 XS650.com Supporter Top Contributor

They do say that times of crises offer the opportunity for change...:)

Last edited: Mar 24, 2020
    MaxPete and gggGary like this.
  4. Superjet

Superjet XS650 Guru Top Contributor

Someone’s family member on the Roadstar clinic forum has died and from initially contracting the virus to when he passed was 5 days. He was male 55 with no outlining health issues. This is real and can affect anyone. Lots of communities are asking only 1 member of the family to shop. Be safe guys and please follow what they ask for you to do. JC

C29024DC-6A45-43A9-A00A-7591EE43267C.png

5. Damn, me too!
    20170709_162117.jpg
    This is before I bought the ol XS2! But on a serious note. I hope this virus doesn't F-UP my Catskill tour. I'll be pissed.
    As a Home Inspector, no one is buying or selling right now. As a part time substitute teacher, all schools are closed. Thank God for SS.
    And thank God Home Depot is open. I'm currently in and out of there quick buying paint and supplies. My wife has made me a "Honey Do!"

Don't want to go off subject, but I am stumped. It's raining for the next 3 days and I yanked the forks off to replace the seals, but I CAN'T GET THE FUCKING CHROME COVERS OFF OF THE DUST COVERS OR OFF THE LOWER TUBES!. Sorry for the caps. There is no literature.

Mailman, you have an XS2. Got any suggestions? Please PM me if possible.

Last edited: Mar 23, 2020
  6. Just saw your post Superjet! That is scary! I'm sorry to here that. It's starting to get close to home! Our shopping center nearby is a ghost town, except HD.

MaxPete, gggGary and Mailman like this.
  7. Beags64

Beags64 XS650 Junkie Top Contributor

Michigan
    It's an indiscriminate mutha effer...not playin' any favorites! As inconvenient as a lockdown may be, it's the only way this thing is gonna slow down. Hang on tight...gonna be a bumpy ride for a while

8. Yes! Yes it is!

MaxPete and Mailman like this.
  9. Jim

Jim Beyond the edge, is the unknown. Here be Dragons XS650.com Supporter Top Contributor

Been thinkin' about that. How bad are the fees?

MaxPete and gggGary like this.
  10. Mailman

Walmart is $ 12.95 per mo. Or $98 per year unlimited deliveries.
    Safeway is $12.95 for less than a $150 order.......$9.95 for orders over $150

minimum order of $30

That’s all I know, they’re are probably others

MaxPete, gggGary and Marlin72xs like this.
  11. Mailman

Gimme a few minutes and check your in box :)

MaxPete and Marlin72xs like this.
  12. Paul Sutton

Paul Sutton Buckhorns on XV1000SE Top Contributor

MaxPete and TwoManyXS1Bs like this.
  13. Raymondo

Raymondo XS650 rider, fettler, setting out on a journey XS650.com Supporter Top Contributor

Britain now in lock-down. We've been told to stay at home except for 1) medical visits 2) shopping for essentials - food, medicines and so forth 3) exercise, which must be on our own or with members of our household 4) work but only if essential. Public gatherings of more than two people are not allowed. Nearly all businesses are shut, except food outlets, pharmacies, businesses providing essential services. Some outdoor work is allowed like construction sites. But the workers are to maintain social distancing of 2m . . .

Some people are confused about essential travel to work. Does that mean essential work - health workers, emergency services, people working in food retail, transport services? Or does it mean you cannot work from home so it's essential you go to work? Or you need to earn because you need to pay the rent so it's essential you go to work?

Whatever.

Paul is right we can go out on the bike but Police will soon be taking action against anybody whose journey does not meet the criteria.

We are very fortunate - Mrs and I both retired, we have a garden, lots of countryside walks on our doorstep, plenty of food in the house just now. But for families living in crowded cities with young children, schools shut, bills coming in, no work to go to and real worries about income these are difficult times.

JAX71224, David Toll, MaxPete and 8 others like this.
  14. jetmechmarty

jetmechmarty XS650 Guru Top Contributor

We tried having our groceries packed for pickup. There were only a few things in the store. We had to go to little town mom & pop grocery to get stuff.

15. Greyandridin

Greyandridin Got nothing to do and all day to do it XS650.com Supporter Top Contributor

I guess motorcycle riding is good exercise?????
    Only if you are going to a grocery store that is quite aways from where you live
    The one nearby you ran out of TP

MaxPete, lakeview and gggGary like this.
  16. Machine

Machine Race the wind Top Contributor

Yesterdays live televised WA State Governors announcement minimalized Washington States activities to nearly a full stop. Only "essential" businesses will remain open and we are now to stay home sheltering. Like nearly everywhere now.
    -Where I am employed as a CNC lathe machinist our product is very modern Motion Controllers.
    We support a great variety of applications including medical, aerospace, and other.
    Being a primarily Republican and Christian work force , Apparently we have powerful friends in high places!
    I have work still today :) and am off to go set up our flagship Tsugami Swiss Style to run a different component.
    So so Lucky ! Absolutely thankful to be one of the few headed off to work this morning.
    These XS's will wait right here ~
    20200324_051719.jpg

17. gggGary

gggGary Stop that! XS650.com Supporter Top Contributor

Toilet paper shortages, coronavirus panic buying,
    Wisconsin paper makers hustled to shore up the supply chain.

America’s Dairyland is the nation’s No. 1 paper manufacturer, cranking out $13.8 billion in products annually and employing 30,000 people. The city of Green Bay has been dubbed by some as the 'toilet paper capitol of the world.'

The industry went into overdrive when shoppers snapped up every roll of toilet paper they could find in recent weeks, fearing they would run out if they were quarantined at home.

Georgia Pacific Corp., in Green Bay, saw its orders for household toilet paper and paper towels double, while demand for the ubiquitous products at airports, hotels and other public venues softened.

Wisconsinites; Kings of the world!

On a more serious note;
    As we wait for vaccines, many treatment and prophylactic options will ease the disease's worst symptoms.
    https://www.pharmaceutical-technology.com/news/fda-emergency-access-bellerophon-inopulse/
    State wide stay home starts today.
    Baraboo downtown 7:45 AM
    downtown Baraboo 745AM 3 24 2020.jpg

Last edited: Mar 24, 2020
  18. 59Tebo

59Tebo 59Tebo Top Contributor

Wow. That kinda looks like a scene from "The Omega Man".....:yikes:

19. GLJ

GLJ Never go faster than your guardian angle can fly. Top Contributor

The important question is are the breweries still in operation?
    I would think in WI beer would be deemed essential.
    It's one of the 3 food groups.
    You know cheese, brats and beer.