1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Hey Facebook people... We've created a group for XS650.com members to connect. Check it out!
    Dismiss Notice

Corona Virus COVID-19

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by gggGary, Feb 28, 2020.

1. Jack

Jack XS650 Junkie Top Contributor

He initially went to the hospital for virus testing and was negative from what I understand,then released ,then lated died as you stated but turns out he was positive. In any case he should of remained in the
    hospital for further observation giving his medical condition. Just a very sad circumstance for that young man and his family

2. 2XSive

2XSive At least one screw loose behind the handle bars XS650.com Supporter Top Contributor

Michigan
    I drive by our local outdoor ball courts and see youngsters out playing ball even though the entire State is on lockdown. I'm sure they'll be disbanded by local police. New term for these people who think they're invincible....."Covidiots"

MaxPete, Paul Sutton and GLJ like this.
  3. YamadudeXS650C

YamadudeXS650C Central New York XS650 XS650.com Supporter Top Contributor

We're all hoping for a remedy, a vaccine.
    In the meantime, while working on my XSs this afternoon,
    the Black Crowes are doin' a darned good job filling the temporary void.

Marlin72xs, 59Tebo and MaxPete like this.
  4. ThatXS650Guy

ThatXS650Guy More Sparky than Speed Racer XS650.com Supporter Top Contributor

Gee a Democrat getting treated respectfully by our media betters. How strange...o_O

Greyandridin, MaxPete and Paul Sutton like this.
  5. Jack

Jack XS650 Junkie Top Contributor

Jim and board members I would like to apologize for posting mis information on the 17 year old boy who died in Louisiana, it was another 17 year old in
    Los Angles who went to an Urgent care facility and was turned away because he had no medical insurance and later died. You can find the information
    on youtube just type in ABC News. Again I apologized. How the hell can physicians in the medical care business do this and get away it.

6. Jim

Jim Beyond the edge, is the unknown. Here be Dragons XS650.com Supporter Top Contributor

Well, I'm trying to stay out of the politics of 'poor ol' me... I don't get no respect.'
    So I guess all I'd venture is you get what you give. Respect is a two way street.... no?
    To be honest, I don't find it strange at all. Far as I know, Cuomo's never attacked the press at a rally or press brief calling them "fake news." I suppose that if he had, his relationship with the press would be more contentious. As I said... you get what you give. You want the press to treat you with respect, then treat them with respect. That's an age old adage straight out of the Bible... it's not a new concept.

7. jetmechmarty

jetmechmarty XS650 Guru Top Contributor

Meanwihile, we all need to come together and stay away from each other. I'm continually being bombarded by news of idiotic behavior among friends and family. AND blaming this or that politician. Stay the f--- home! Let's us not sacrifice lives being stupid. I love you guys. Stay safe!

8. MaxPete

MaxPete Lucille, Betty & Demi - I suggest but THEY decide. XS650.com Supporter Top Contributor

9. 59Tebo

59Tebo 59Tebo Top Contributor

Yeah, we see it every day. What you're not seeing is, he loves to inundate you with statistics. They are not always relevant, they don't always correlate, and sometimes, they just don't add up. As far as he's concerned, (IMHO, for what it's worth, and at the risk of violating the rules) New York ends at the Tappan Zee Bridge, Albany is in the sticks, and the rest of the state is the freakin' wilderness. All the medical resources he's talking about are earmarked for the "hot-spot", New York City. As if the rest of the state isn't affected. At least now he's not doing his live updates from in front of a giant pile of the very supplies he's supposedly so short of.... :twocents:

10. Beags64

Beags64 XS650 Junkie Top Contributor

Michigan
    So much for the curve...more like a vertical line.:eek: State's #s today +993=4650 cases, +19=111 deaths. Gettin' real effin SCARY 'round here! Guess I'm not going anywhere till June.:(

11. Goldenboy

Goldenboy . XS650.com Supporter Top Contributor

Also, there have been false negative tests. The first testing kits had the most problems with incorrect findings. Again, noone can be denied treatment for that reason by a hospital. It is the law. At the hospital I worked for, the majority of ER patients came in without insurance.

Greyandridin likes this.
  12. ThatXS650Guy

ThatXS650Guy More Sparky than Speed Racer XS650.com Supporter Top Contributor

Why "attack" the Press when they have a slobbering love affair with you? He's not going to get gotcha or accusatory questions. The guy is full of Shiff but you'd never know it from the Media. Trump has many faults but he doesn't take crap from people actively trying to oust him on the pretense of "journalism".

13. thuban

thuban Horse Scratcher XS650.com Supporter Top Contributor

I ain't saying Shit cause I'll tell the truth and folks can't take it. ( Why does the Alt case of the Honda have oil in it? Too much whiskey today...To all the tea totallers, I'll drink one for ya. If you don't get a head rush let me know and I'll have you another.) :cheers:

14. 650Skull

650Skull Dinosaur Lives Top Contributor

Lots of stories about stupidity............here is a couple more........

Cruise ship with 2700 people on it goes from Sydney to NZ (with a couple of stop off points),and back. Gets back to Sydney around the 8-10 of march. all 2700 people are let off the ship and disperse around Aus and some go back overseas without being checked, tested or quarantined.........

One woman who felt sick decided to travel back to her home overseas...........Spent 8 hours in the airport waiting for her flight, had a stop over wait then went home and self isolated...........She still is showing symptoms and is posting on Face book and advising people to do the right thing and stay home and isolate so as not to infect others, if they show any symptoms..............thuoght is she could have infected hundreds herself.

2 Chinese owned Australian companies have got their employees to buy up medical equipment and have sent 2 plane loads to china. one in January and the later was 24th of feb first was about 75 tonnes and the second was 82 Tonns.

Supplies included 100,000 protective coveralls and 900,00 pairs of medical gloves...........the whistle blower says this has happened world wide and the companies involved have posted pics of pallets of supplies and posting about it on LinkedIn

https://nationalfile.com/chinese-company-sent-millions-of-australias-coronavirus-supplies-to-china/
    https://www.ntd.com/china-backed-fi...ulk-amid-covid-19-outbreak-report_449281.html
    https://www.smh.com.au/national/chi...tralian-medical-supplies-20200325-p54du8.html

Fucking joke.........the gov't, (PM actually), has been chastising Australian people for panic buying off the supermarket shelves saying it is "unAustralian"

Shit i can't count that is three stories........my bad..........

15. FLEA

FLEA XS650 Junkie

yep skull stupidity is running wild .. you forgot to mention holding state and local elections y/day when the same gov is telling everyone to stay home and keep personel distances of 1 1/2 meters cant have a funeral of more than 10 people etc and yet will want to fine you for not voting but that cruise ship fiasco takes the cake with every body blaming each other for letting it happen .. damm they didnt even have anyone taking temps

TwoManyXS1Bs, Paul Sutton and MaxPete like this.
  16. Goldenboy

Goldenboy . XS650.com Supporter Top Contributor

If anyone has the time (this pulmonary/critical care doctor from Cornell/ Weill Medical Center, New York City) explains what everyone needs to know. It was very reassuring that you do have control of the situation and don't have to be worried about getting sick.

17. 2XSive

2XSive At least one screw loose behind the handle bars XS650.com Supporter Top Contributor

Michigan
  18. Beags64

Beags64 XS650 Junkie Top Contributor

Michigan
    What do you mean in a week!!:lmao:

thuban, GLJ, MaxPete and 2 others like this.
  19. 650Skull

650Skull Dinosaur Lives Top Contributor

To true Flea............Don't vote, (probably why i forgot),............so no prob for me........

Bet if it had been a federal election they would have postponed it for several years................hope trump doesn't read this it might give him ideas

GLJ, David Toll and FLEA like this.
  20. David Toll

David Toll Reliving my youth?

No, I didn't vote. Generally I sympathise with the burden our leaders are carrying as we are all making this up as we go however; to close the pubs and then, expect us to crowd into voting booths to give new politicians a job, is ludicrous beyond belief. Surely they should have left the current clowns in place - they were, at least, experienced at screwing up. The new guys will take a month to arrange their desks and we could all be dead by then.You gotta love democracy.