1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Hey Facebook people... We've created a group for XS650.com members to connect. Check it out!
    Dismiss Notice

Corona Virus COVID-19

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by gggGary, Feb 28, 2020.

1. thuban

thuban Horse Scratcher XS650.com Supporter Top Contributor

Hahaha, Well, Paul you can ride it off when you get the chance! :bike:

Paul Sutton likes this.
  2. jetmechmarty

jetmechmarty What should I put here? XS650.com Supporter Top Contributor

My Mrs and I threw away all the food we consider unhealthy. We got rid of the processed junk. Snack choices are now things like olives or nuts. In a few minutes we’re off to the gym together, followed by something both delicious and nutritious when we get done. No more fat boy! Rona don’t scare me!

Paul Sutton, gggGary and buzzword like this.
  3. buzzword

buzzword XS650 Addict

Kroger, maybe you’ve heard of it - it’s a grocery store - they are telling us that we have to use debit cards - not sure if you know this, but I fought debit cards - debit cards - I fought them for years - what happened to cash? Nothing more American than cash - many, many people tell me every day “Oh, sir, thank you for bringing cash back to my wallet” - Strong people, people who never cried a tear in their lives - they just crying - you know what makes me cry? I don’t cry, you know, but if I did, I’d cry for the beautiful jobs we’re creating in the cash sector...

4. thuban

Slap me silly with a "handy billy"! I see people jogging on the side of the road, getting healthy. They wave. . I tell the ole lady, "If they worked as hard as I do they wouldn't need to jog. My best buddy, a member of the "thin blue line", used to help me get my hay up and in the barn. He said if he did that, he wouldn't feel like he had to go to the gym and work out.( he was too frigging sore to work out!) So, yeah, JMM, you want a vacation, I have a fully self contained cottage to put you up in! I used to be in the extended stay business but I got tired of people, people wanting something for nothing. You and Mrs. ever want to come west for a few days, give me a shout, free gratis, my friend.... You decide you want to help me do some farm things, you won't need the gym! ( We don't eat unhealthy food either. Steak, taters and all the trimmings... ) just saying.

5. jetmechmarty

jetmechmarty What should I put here? XS650.com Supporter Top Contributor

Anymore, I work on this screen. It wasn't always the case, but it is now. I've never been afraid of work and I've never been to Paris, TX. You, being only six hours away, I believe I should consider such a generous offer! Best wishes.

Paul Sutton, Mailman and gggGary like this.
  6. thuban

Yes you should! wife and I don't have Covid. Let you know in three days! :laugh: But no....

7. Goldenboy

Goldenboy . Top Contributor

In New Jersey, guards were posted at entrances to supermarkets to prevent folks coming in without masks, and there are barriers at checkouts, but I noticed the cashiers are closer to the customers who are using the adjacent checkout directly behind them and no barriers are behind them. Everyone touches the items in supermarkets, but you can't return them for refunds. Of course, there is a difference between restaurants and grocery stores. Everyone has to have food. Unless you are disabled, no one needs table service. And we were fed the same misinformation on the importance of wearing masks as the health authorities and private entities began hoarding them as they were also afraid that medical staff in hospitals would not have them for treating patients. Although the reinfection rate has increased slightly here, the hospitalization and death rate has decreased, significantly. The initial wave hit hard in our area, and ppe was diverted from long term care facilities, which wiped out so many senior and disabled residents. Now, people, age 20 to 29 are the ones who are becoming infected. They are protesting en mass and socializing. School age children are not in school, spreading germs among each other and bringing them home to parents and grandparents. Soon the children may return to school, if and when safety protocols are in place, and we will see what happens then. Also, (this instant) a Google news segment popped up on my phone about the 80'th Sturgis motorcycle event in South Dakota which last year, hosted 500,000 visitors.It may proceed as planned, also with safety protocols in place, according to to the town council.

thuban likes this.
  8. Goldenboy

Goldenboy . Top Contributor

Depends...:laugh:

thuban and Paul Sutton like this.
  9. buzzword

buzzword XS650 Addict

found out just now that my best friend who lives in LA now has frickin COVID.

screw any and all of you who are still holding onto your orange hope that this is a hoax.

Grimly, 650Skull, kshansen and 3 others like this.
  10. Mailman

Mailman Hardly a Guru Top Contributor

I’m sorry to hear about your friend. I hope he comes out of this alright.

11. Wordman

Wordman XS650 Addict

It appears that those who remain asymptomatic do not spread the virus easily. Depending on the test, it could also be a case of a false positive (10 out of 250 would be a 4% false positive rate).

Goldenboy, buzzword and kshansen like this.
  12. 650Skull

650Skull SSSSSSSSSlither Top Contributor

its not just a virus where people get better in a couple of weeks and are back to normal................. Information is only now starting to come to light and research is still in its infancy............The long term affects could be a major inhibitor to the economy getting back on its feet.........If anyone has had or know of some one who has had leptospirosis. then this virus could have similar affect on the ability to get back to work, or as in this article, (a woman caused a fire in the kitchen due to forgetfulness affects from the virus), have the potential to cause deaths in the future and these will not be attributed to the virus.........
    https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-07-19/the-coronavirus-patients-stuck-in-medical-purgatory/12455364

13. Boog

Boog Traveling Stroyteller Top Contributor

I now know 2 people who have had C-19, a co-worker and now me. I am in the high risk categories and at my quarterly Blood Sugar check (A1C), I asked for the C-19 antibody check as well. I have the antibodies so some time in the past few months, I had C-19 and didn't know it. I am negative for active virus at present though. I do wear a mask where required too, that is when a building requires it or I am within 6' of others. I don't want to press my luck, but according to the media, I am one of those who should have died from it with all the factors going on with me.

14. Jim

Jim Beyond the edge is the unknown. Here be Dragons XS650.com Supporter Top Contributor

I'm glad you made it through.

15. Boog

Boog Traveling Stroyteller Top Contributor

Thanks Jim, me too. I do not want to belittle the disease for those who had died or been hit hard by it. But had I not asked for the test, I would have never known I had it. And despite the medical problems I have, I really thought allergies were hitting me harder this year since the news was giving us the elevated allergy alerts on the radio daily during the late winter and early spring. I am one more statistic now, unfortunately, Virginia does not release stats on how many beat the disease, just how many new cases.

Paul Sutton, Jim, GLJ and 2 others like this.
  16. 650Skull

Boog your gonna have to get a T shirt with............. "I survived Covid-19 and own an XS650"......:thumbsup:

Boog, thuban, Paul Sutton and 6 others like this.
  17. 650Skull

https://thespinoff.co.nz/science/09-06-2020/in-for-the-long-haul-covid-19-cases-that-wont-quit/

In late May, a patient entered hospital with severe respiratory symptoms and tested positive for Covid-19 – again. He’d first been diagnosed in March. The Spinoff was contacted by a concerned friend, who gave us details of the experience: he was diagnosed, quarantined, declared “recovered” and returned home to his family in mid-April.

Just over a month later, his respiratory health had declined and he was experiencing blood clotting problems bad enough to prompt a visit to an emergency department. He was retested for Covid-19 and it came back positive.

To be declared recovered, at least 10 days must have passed since onset of the virus, plus 48 hours symptom free. However, it’s becoming clear that – like the SARS coronavirus before it – Covid-19 can have longer term effects.

Grimly, Paul Sutton, Jim and 3 others like this.
  18. FLEA

FLEA XS650 Junkie

in aust with the border closures vic wants to move the border nth to make it easier to conduct the closure , qld wants to move the border sth for the same reason , its because both borders have large populations on both sides of the borders and locals travel across the borders all the time for work and play ... nsw is having none of it regardless of the benifits ..now this gave me a idea ... make a new border in nth qld , maybe about rockhamton .. then with all the money and resourses that sth qld takes off us with very little return we could afford to build a very large wall to keep all the southerners with cotties out and still have some left over coin . and just think we wouldnt even have to send sth qld the bill

Paul Sutton, stinky78 and Boog like this.
  19. MaxPete

MaxPete Lucille, Betty, Demi & Gretel: I ask, THEY decide. XS650.com Supporter Top Contributor

....the scene today in the gorge just below Niagara Falls courtesy of CBC News....

upload_2020-7-22_19-13-41.jpeg

Boog, Jim and Goldenboy like this.